Solak Powers Bulls Past Mud Hens
DURHAM, NC - Nick Solak hit two home runs and drove in five as the Durham Bulls defeated the Toledo Mud Hens 6-1 Wednesday night at the DBAP for their fifth straight victory. Ryan Merritt (3-4) recorded the win for the Bulls, while Tim Adleman (2-2) suffered the loss for the Mud Hens.
Solak began his stellar day in the first inning with a three-run home run over the Blue Monster to take a 3-0 lead. After an RBI single by the rehabbing Jeimer Candelario cut the deficit to two, Solak responded with his second home run of the day in the fourth frame, this time driving in two to make it 5-1.
The Bulls were able to add another run in the bottom of the fifth inning on a Joe McCarthy solo home run to make it 6-1. From there, the Bulls were able to hold the Mud Hens in check thanks to reliever Casey Sadler, who pitched four innings, allowing two hits and no runs, while walking none and striking out five. For his effort, Sadler picked up his first save of the season
The Bulls will wrap up a three-game series against the Mud Hens on Thursday night at 7:05 at the DBAP. Right-hander Jose De Leon is scheduled to make the start for the Bulls and will face off against Mud Hens left-hander Gregory Soto.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Trio of Homers Push RailRiders to Five Wins in a Row - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clippers Cool off Wings 3-2 - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Survive Crazy Finish, Beat Mets 7-6 - Charlotte Knights
- Gwinnett Falls to Lehigh Valley on Walk-Off Single, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short in 7-6 Loss to Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo walk off hooks Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Solak Powers Bulls Past Mud Hens - Durham Bulls
- Candelario Returns for Rehab in Rain - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tucker Taking Option to Indianapolis in Stride - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Offense Explodes for 14-6 Win in Indy - Buffalo Bisons
- Brito, Bisons Stampede Tribe Behind Six-Run Sixth - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Defeat PawSox, 10-8 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Tops PawSox, 10-8, to Even Series - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs to Play as 'Jawn' on July 7 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bichette Likely to Return to Bisons Thursday - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-27) vs. Buffalo Bisons (28-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (1:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Williams Set for Rehab Start with Indy on Thursday, June 13 - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (27-36) at Louisville Bats (25-39) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.