IronPigs to Play as 'Jawn' on July 7
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs are paying tribute to Philadelphia in a special way for one night only on Sunday, July 7 when they take the field against the Pawtucket Red Sox. The IronPigs will be changing their name to "Jawn," a nod to the slang term Philadelphians use to describe any person, place or thing.
"Each year, we try to come up with new and exciting jawns for our fans," said IronPigs President and General Manager Kurt Landes. "We've had cheesesteak jawns, Philly Special jawns, bacon jawns and more. We think this jawn is one of our best jawns yet. We can't wait to see the Pigs wear their Jawn jawns on July 7!"
The Pigs' annual Salute to Philadelphia event will feature a special cap raffle and jersey auction of game-worn Jawn gear. Fans will be able to learn more about what a Jawn is by visiting RedJawn.com.
Proceeds from the Jawn cap raffle and jersey auction will benefit IronPigs Charities and Mercy School of Special Learning.
Commemorative Jawn-themed merchandise is now available in the Majestic Clubhouse Store and ShopIronPigs.com. Visit online or in-store to see the selection of Jawn jerseys, caps, T-shirts and more.
Philadelphia-inspired food such as cheesesteaks, pretzels and water ice will be available for purchase throughout Coca-Cola Park when fans attend the game on Sunday, July 7.
In addition to these Philadelphia- and Jawn-inspired items, the world's most famous mascot - the Phillie Phanatic - will make his second appearance of the season at Coca-Cola Park presented by Dr. Wyke Pediatric Dentistry.
The past three seasons, the IronPigs have paid tribute to the City of Brotherly Love in ways such as the "Cheesesteaks", "Whiz Kids" and "Philly Special".
Tickets are available now for Salute to Philadelphia Night. You can secure your seat online, by phone at (610) 841-PIGS (7447), or at the Provident Bank Ticket Office at Coca-Cola Park ticket windows ruing business hours.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via Facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Trio of Homers Push RailRiders to Five Wins in a Row - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clippers Cool off Wings 3-2 - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights Survive Crazy Finish, Beat Mets 7-6 - Charlotte Knights
- Gwinnett Falls to Lehigh Valley on Walk-Off Single, 3-2 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Ninth-Inning Rally Falls Short in 7-6 Loss to Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo walk off hooks Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Solak Powers Bulls Past Mud Hens - Durham Bulls
- Candelario Returns for Rehab in Rain - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tucker Taking Option to Indianapolis in Stride - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Offense Explodes for 14-6 Win in Indy - Buffalo Bisons
- Brito, Bisons Stampede Tribe Behind Six-Run Sixth - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Defeat PawSox, 10-8 - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Tops PawSox, 10-8, to Even Series - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs to Play as 'Jawn' on July 7 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bichette Likely to Return to Bisons Thursday - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-27) vs. Buffalo Bisons (28-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (1:35 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Williams Set for Rehab Start with Indy on Thursday, June 13 - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (27-36) at Louisville Bats (25-39) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.