Whiffer's Fitness Club All Set for 2019
GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers have teamed up with YMCA Fox Cities, ALDI, and CrossFit DairyLand to bring Whiffer's Fitness Club to area children for the 2019 season.
"The YMCA is excited to have the partnership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers again in 2019," said Sue Pawlowski, Membership and Community Relations Director for YMCA of the Fox Cities. "Whiffer's presence always gets the kids excited about moving and following Whiffer's lead to an active lifestyle!"
Whiffer will visit each of the YMCA locations in the Fox Cities for a fun, short program to get kids moving. Timber Rattlers players and staff members from the YMCA and the Rattlers' front office will be on hand, too.
Dates for meetings of Whiffer's Fitness Club at area YMCA locations are:
Heart of the Valley YMCA: Friday, June 21 at 10:00am
Fox West YMCA: Friday, July 19 at 10:00am
Appleton YMCA: Thursday, August 1 at 10:00am at Janet Berry Elementary School
Apple Creek YMCA: Friday, August 2 at 10:00am
Neenah/Menasha YMCA: Monday, August 5 at 10:00am at Memorial Park in Neenah
"Aldi is a proud and excited to partner with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers this season," said Alison Miller of ALDI. "Score fresh, high quality groceries for less at ALDI. Check out your nearest store today and shop differentli."
Dates for meetings of Whiffer's Fitness Club at area ALDI locations are:
Appleton East (2310 S. Kensington): Saturday, June 22 at 11:30am
Appleton West (116 N. Linwood): Saturday, June 22 at 12:30pm
Green Bay (1560 Western Ave): Saturday, July 6 at 11:00am
Green Bay (2440 East Mason): Saturday, July 6 at 12:00pm
The meeting of Whiffer's Fitness Club at CrossFit DairyLand (1000 S. Westland Drive, Appleton) is set for Friday, August 16 at 11:00am.
"Our goal is to help children build self confidence in an environment that encourages team building and supports an active and healthy lifestyle," said Marie McCarthy, owner of CrossFit DairyLand. "CrossFit DairyLand provides a fun, friendly environment to improve your health and fitness."
Each child who completes the one-day program will receive a fitness program water bottle and shoelaces from the YMCA, ALDI, Subway, CrossFit DairyLand, and the Timber Rattlers. There is also a coupon good for a complimentary 6" sub from Subway and a Timber Rattlers ticket voucher for those who complete the program.
There is no cost to join Whiffer's Fitness Club and you do not need to be a YMCA member or a Dairyland Fitness member to participate. The club is limited to children ages 14 and under. Registration for the club takes place on the day of the event.
Partial season, group ticket packages, and individual game tickets for the 2019 season are on sale now. Tickets are available online, over the phone at (920) 733-4152 or (800) WI-TIMBER and in person. Groups of 20 or more may order tickets over the phone or in person. The Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium Box Office is open from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturdays.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Cubs and Lugnuts Split Wednesday's Doubleheader 6-4, 6-2 - South Bend Cubs
- Lugs Split Doubleheader in South Bend - Lansing Lugnuts
- Encarnacion Homers in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Witherspoon Homers in 5-3 Loss on Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 3-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Game Postponed Until Tomorrow - Beloit Snappers
- Rain Postpones Bandits Game in Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whiffer's Fitness Club All Set for 2019 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 12 at Bowling Green (Game 64) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Playoff Bound Once Again - Great Lakes Loons
- Cedar Rapids Rallies Past Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bechtold, Martinez Highlight 4-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Slip in Wild Card Race - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Blank Captains to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Beat Bees 10-4 in Road Opener - Burlington Bees
- Participants Announced for Donald Driver Charity Softball Game Presented by Network Health - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers can't complete comeback in slugfest loss to Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Register 20 Hits, Hang on Late for 10-9 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Oh Thank Heaven: Lugnuts Triumph, 11-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Drop Opener against Lugnuts 11-7 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- It's Back: Friday Night Fish Fry To-Go from the Ballpark
- A Letter from Timber Rattlers President Rob Zerjav
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities