Cougars Beat Bees 10-4 in Road Opener
The Bees were beaten for the second consecutive outing Tuesday night. Kane County pounded out 15 hits against Burlington pitchers, and beat the Bees 10-4.
All-Star selection Cristopher Molina did not have his good stuff in his ninth start of the season. He allowed six runs on seven hits, walked two while striking out four. His record fell to 3-4.
Relievers Austin Krzeminski and Mayky Perez did not fair better combining to give up four runs on eight hits.
The Bees opened the scoring in the top of the first inning. With one out Kevin Maitan walked. A wild pitch moved him to second. He scored on a Nonie Williams single. Two Cougar errors put Williams at third and D. C. Arendas at first. An errant pickoff attempt scored Williams and put Arendas at third. Keinner Pina, in his first Bees at bat of the year, earned an RBI with a sacrifice fly. Burlington up 3-0 after a half inning.
It stayed that way until a single Cougar run in third, three in the fourth and four in the fifth made it 8-3 Kane County.
Arendas lead off the seventh with a double. Two ground outs got him home. Francisco Del Valle notching the RBI. Bees down 8-4, and that is as close as it would get.
The Bees managed just three hits. Nonie Williams had two of them.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Cubs and Lugnuts Split Wednesday's Doubleheader 6-4, 6-2 - South Bend Cubs
- Lugs Split Doubleheader in South Bend - Lansing Lugnuts
- Encarnacion Homers in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Witherspoon Homers in 5-3 Loss on Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 3-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Game Postponed Until Tomorrow - Beloit Snappers
- Rain Postpones Bandits Game in Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whiffer's Fitness Club All Set for 2019 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 12 at Bowling Green (Game 64) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Playoff Bound Once Again - Great Lakes Loons
- Cedar Rapids Rallies Past Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bechtold, Martinez Highlight 4-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Slip in Wild Card Race - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Blank Captains to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Beat Bees 10-4 in Road Opener - Burlington Bees
- Participants Announced for Donald Driver Charity Softball Game Presented by Network Health - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers can't complete comeback in slugfest loss to Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Register 20 Hits, Hang on Late for 10-9 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Oh Thank Heaven: Lugnuts Triumph, 11-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Drop Opener against Lugnuts 11-7 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.