Chiefs Fall 3-2 Wednesday
Clinton, IA - The Peoria Chiefs scored two in the first but gave up three in the second in a 3-2 Wednesday night loss to the Clinton LumberKings. The loss drops the Chiefs to 28-37 on the season with four games left before the All-Star break.
The Chiefs jumped on All-Star Chris Vallimont in the top of the first as Brendan Donovan and Delvin Perez both singled. With one out, Ivan Herrera singled to load the bases and Brady Whalen delivered a sacrifice fly to center for a 1-0 Chiefs lead. Bryce Denton's pop up fell behind the catcher Will Banfield for a five-foot single that plated Perez for a 2-0 Chiefs lead.
Clinton took the lead against Alvaro Seijas in the second inning. A leadoff solo homer got the hosts on the board before Seijas struck out the next two batters. He hit Davis Bradshaw and Clinton tied the game on a double with Thomas Jones taking third on a throwing error. A wild pitch put Clinton on top 3-2 before Seijas got out of the inning.
Seijas allowed three runs, two earned, on six hits over 5 2/3 innings. He struck out nine, walked one and hit one. Sebastian Tabata struck out three batters in a perfect 1 1/3 innings. Evan Sisk allowed one single and struck out two in one shutout inning.
The series finale is set for 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Clinton. Peoria will start LH Diego Cordero (2-5, 3.32) against Clinton RH Alberto Guerrero (2-1, 2.39). The broadcast can be heard, starting with the Pre-Game Show at 6:15 p.m. on the Peoria Chiefs Tune-In Page, which is free and also has a free app for smartphones and tablets.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Cubs and Lugnuts Split Wednesday's Doubleheader 6-4, 6-2 - South Bend Cubs
- Lugs Split Doubleheader in South Bend - Lansing Lugnuts
- Encarnacion Homers in LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Witherspoon Homers in 5-3 Loss on Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 3-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Game Postponed Until Tomorrow - Beloit Snappers
- Rain Postpones Bandits Game in Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whiffer's Fitness Club All Set for 2019 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 12 at Bowling Green (Game 64) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Playoff Bound Once Again - Great Lakes Loons
- Cedar Rapids Rallies Past Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bechtold, Martinez Highlight 4-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Slip in Wild Card Race - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Blank Captains to Clinch Playoff Berth - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Beat Bees 10-4 in Road Opener - Burlington Bees
- Participants Announced for Donald Driver Charity Softball Game Presented by Network Health - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers can't complete comeback in slugfest loss to Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Register 20 Hits, Hang on Late for 10-9 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Oh Thank Heaven: Lugnuts Triumph, 11-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Drop Opener against Lugnuts 11-7 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff
- 2020 Game Times Announced & Chiefs Enter Copa as En El Rio de Peoria