Westchester Knicks Acquire Gani Lawal
WHITE PLAINS - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, announced today that the team has acquired forward Gani Lawal from the Delaware 87ers in exchange for Westchester's own original 2016 second round pick.
In 10 games for Delaware this season, Lawal (6-9, 235) has averaged 4.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks over 14.9 minutes per game. The Georgia Tech alum was selected 46th overall in the second round of the 2010 NBA Draft by the Phoenix Suns.
Westchester also announced the release of forward JR Inman. In two games for Westchester, Inman averaged 2.5 points and 1.5 rebounds over 6.5 minutes.
The Westchester Knicks return to the Westchester County Center on Saturday, Jan. 2, facing Lawal's former team, the Delaware 87ers, at 1:00 p.m.
Tickets for the Westchester Knicks are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets and the Westchester County Center Box Office. For ticket package and group information, visit WestchesterKnicks.com or call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 30, 2015
- Santa Cruz Swept by Spurs in Weekday Doubleheader - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Wins Back-To-Back Games against Santa Cruz, 109-80 - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders' Vander Blue records game-high 37 points to defeat Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- BayHawks Fall to Mad Ants Behind Slow Second Half - Erie BayHawks
- Red Claws Acquire Davon Usher - Maine Red Claws
- Spurs Recall Ray McCallum from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Heat Assign Josh Richardson to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Gani Lawal - Westchester Knicks
- Short-Handed Santa Cruz Falls Short in San Antonio - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stampede Come up Short against Blue - Idaho Stampede
- Late Run Propels Blue Past Idaho - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.