Wallstedt, Wild Win Third Straight in 6-1 Victory Over IceHogs
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jesper Wallstedt saved 30-of-31 shots at Wells Fargo Arena on Tuesday night as the Iowa Wild took a 6-1 victory over the Rockford IceHogs and earned their third consecutive win. Vinni Lettieri and Jake Lucchini each recorded a goal and an assist for Iowa.
Iowa took a 1-0 lead 7:06 into the game. After Brenden Miller intercepted a Rockford pass, Jujhar Khaira entered the IceHogs zone and slipped a pass through the seam to Lucchini for a one-timer past Drew Commesso (24 saves).
The Wild doubled the advantage 2:33 later. Lucchini beat out an icing and circled the Rockford net before finding a wide-open Simon Johansson on the backdoor. Daemon Hunt also picked up an assist on the play.
Iowa carried the 2-0 lead and a 9-7 advantage in shots into the first intermission.
The Wild expanded the lead to three goals 5:36 into the middle frame. With Iowa on the power play, Lettieri set up Steven Fogarty along the goal line to jam the puck on net. The puck kicked loose for Nic Petan, who finished the rebound from a sharp angle.
Iowa led 3-0 through two periods. Rockford held a 20-17 lead in shots after 40 minutes of play.
Ryder Rolston put Rockford on the board at 1:17 of the third period when he chipped a centering feed from Mike Hardman over the blocker of Wallstedt.
Lettieri restored the three-goal lead at 7:44 when he beat Commesso under the glove on a shorthanded 2-on-1.
Sammy Walker put Iowa up 5-1 with 8:33 to play with a power-play goal. After Khaira set up Hunt at the point, Hunt slipped through the Rockford defense and found Walker at the side of the net for a backhand finish.
Kevin Conley capped the scoring at 14:17 when he finished off the rebound of a shot from Mike O'Leary. Carson Lambos earned the secondary assist on the goal.
Rockford outshot Iowa 31-30. The Wild went 2-for-7 with the man advantage and killed off all five IceHogs power plays.
Iowa hosts the Milwaukee Admirals on Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m. All fans are encouraged to bring a new or gently used plush animal to participate in the Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Principal.
For more information on Iowa Wild hockey, please visitâ¯www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team's website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 orâ¯firstname.lastname@example.org. Season tickets for 2023-24 are on sale now. Fans can purchase season tickets for the upcoming season atâ¯https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.
Visit http://www.iowawild.com/pressbox for the latest news and information from the team including press releases, game notes, multimedia content, and daily statistics.â¯
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2023
- Wallstedt, Wild Win Third Straight in 6-1 Victory Over IceHogs - Iowa Wild
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Reign Ink Defender Cody Haiskanen to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Heading to the Rockies - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tip-A-Griffin Back for 15th Edition on December 11 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Foundation Raises $26,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- New York Rangers Name Paul Mara Assistant Coach with Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Dustin Wolf - Calgary Wranglers
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Forward Oskar Olausson - Colorado Eagles
- IceHogs and Wild Clash for Tuesday Night Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Vol. 30, No. 8 - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly Report: Moving On - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Iowa Wild vs. Rockford IceHogs - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Embark on Four-Game Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins to Host Cleveland and Providence During Weekend Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Reassign G Olof Lindbom to Wolf Pack from ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones - Hartford Wolf Pack
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 8 - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.