Walleye Weekly - Brabham Cup Champions
Overall Record: 50-15-5-2 (1st North Division)
(Week Record 2-1-0-0) (Streak 1 Win)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Friday, April 10 vs. Cincinnati (5-2 Win)
Saturday, April 11 at Kalamazoo (4-1 Loss)
Sunday, April 12 vs. Kalamazoo (8-2 Win)
End of the Regular Season
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
Game 1 - April 16 - Wheeling @ Toledo 8:15pm (1370 WSPD) (BCSN)
Game 2 - April 18 - Wheeling @ Toledo 7:35pm (1370 WSPD) (BCSN)
For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
Walleye Weekly Schedule
(Monday, April 13 through Sunday, April 19)
Monday, April 13 - No Practice
Tuesday, April 14 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Huntington Center
Wednesday, April 15 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Huntington Center
Thursday, April 16 - Game 1 vs. Wheeling at 8:15 p.m.
Friday, April 17 - Practice 10:00 a.m. at Tam-O-Shanter
Saturday, April 18 - Game 2 vs. Wheeling at 7:35 p.m.
Sunday, April 19 - No Practice
**PLEASE NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Division and Brabham Cup Champs: For the first time in Walleye history, Toledo has won a division title and the overall league title. The Walleye clinched the North Division with a 5-2 win over Cincinnati on Friday night. The Walleye claimed the Brabham Cup Sunday by defeating Kalamazoo 8-2 at the Huntington Center. Toledo finished the regular with an ECHL best 107 points and will have home ice advantage for every round of the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
Greatest Turnaround Ever: Toledo went worst to first in the North Division and just completed the greatest turnaround from one season to the next in ECHL history gaining 58 points from the 49 collected in the 2013-14 season to this one. The previous best was set by Knoxville (+50) in 1992-1994 and matched by Greenville 2003-2005.
The Killer B's: Tyler Barnes set a new Walleye single season points mark by finishing the year with 74 (34G, 40A) besting the old record of 72 held by Andy Bohmbach from the 2010-11 season. Kyle Bonis set a new single goals record by reaching 36 for the year passing Evan Rankin (2009-10) and Mike Hedden (2010-11) who each had 32. Shane Berschbach flew past the assists record as well finishing the season with 48 helpers. The previous mark was held by Maxime Tanguay (2009-10) and Andy Bohmbach (2010-11) with 44.
Breaking down the Doors: The Walleye shattered the single season attendance record this year by finishing the regular season with 231,847 fans coming through the Huntington Center doors. The previous best was 226,743 reached in 2012-13. Toledo finished third this season in average attendance at 6,440 per game which beat the 2012-13 season average of 6,298.
Hats Galore: Both A.J. Jenks and Tyler Barnes had hat tricks in Sunday's win. It was the first time in Walleye history that two players have had scored three times in the same game.
Round One vs. Wheeling: Toledo opens the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs with a best of seven matchup against the Wheeling Nailers. The Walleye took six of the seven regular season meetings with the Nailers while out scoring Wheeling 28-16. The two teams played three of the seven games during the regular season at the Huntington Center in which the Walleye won by scores of 5-2 on January 25, 5-2 on February 14 and 5-0 February 21. This is the fifth meeting between the teams in Toledo ECHL history with Toledo taking three of the previous four, including the last time they played three games to two in the 2006 playoffs.
Walleye Player of the Week:
AJ Jenks (5 goals - 1 assist = 6 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Jeff Lerg (1-1-0, 3.61 GAA, .898 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 13, 2015
- Radio Recon's Ready to Explore Traditional Notions of Fair Play and Substantial Justice - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Four Road Warriors Promoted to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- First Round Playoff Preview: Grizzlies, Steelheads Open Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Mallards Playoff Update - Quad City Mallards
- Frozen in Time- 2014-15 IceMen Season Rewind - Evansville IceMen
- Mallards Sign Rookie Forward Stewart - Quad City Mallards
- Guathier, Wilson Highlight End of the Year Awards - Wichita Thunder
- Cannata Returns to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Division Semifinals Preview - ECHL
- Brampton Beast Relieve Head Coach Brent Hughes of his Duties - Brampton Beast
- Toledo's Barnes Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Year - ECHL
- Americans Costello Takes ECHL Scoring Title - Allen Americans
- Milan Joining Syracuse for Stretch Run - Wichita Thunder
- Kelly Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday, April 14 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Weekly - Brabham Cup Champions - Toledo Walleye
- Barnes Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Year - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Start 2015 Playoff Run Friday on Home Ice - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoff Packages Now Available on ECHL.TV - ECHL
- Gladiators' 2014-15 Season in Review - Atlanta Gladiators
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Little Receives AMI Graphics Plus Performer of the Year Award - Florida Everblades
- Allen's Costello Wins ECHL Scoring Title - ECHL
- Daniels, Little Are AMI Graphis ECHL PLus Performers of the Year - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.