Walleye Ink Ohio Native Chase Gresock
(Toledo, OH) - The Toledo Walleye and forward Chase Gresock (GREE-sock) have agreed to terms for the 2023-2024 season.
The Powell, Ohio native joins the Walleye after spending the last two years in the state playing college hockey at Bowling Green (2022-2023) and Miami of Ohio (2021-2022). Gresock appeared in 36 games last season for the Falcons, picking up 11 goals with 20 assists for 31 points with 12 penalty minutes and a plus-4 rating. His 20 helpers and 31 points were both career-bests. The year prior he skated in 21 games with 19 points (9G, 10A) for the RedHawks.
The 25-year-old started his college career by appearing in three seasons with Merrimack College that included two seasons as team captain (2019-2021). In total, Gresock collected 104 points (46G, 58A) in 135 games over five collegiate seasons. He did make his pro-debut at the end of the last season by skating in two games with the San Jose Barracuda of the AHL with no points.
The puck drops on the 2023-24 Walleye season on Saturday, October 21 in Kalamazoo. Opening Weekend is Friday, November 3 (vs. Reading) and Saturday, November 4 (vs. Indy). Click here for the entire 2023- 24 schedule. Tickets for all home games are on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 21, 2023
- Solar Bears Ink Forward Tanner Schachle - Orlando Solar Bears
- Brett Kemp Returns to Swamp Rabbits for 2023-24 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jordan Martel Returns to Utah Grizzlies for 2023-2024 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Sign 6'0" Forward Kyle Olson for 2023-24 Season - Reading Royals
- Zawyer Sports Announces Rebranding of C3 Agency to 32 Degrees Marketing - Jacksonville Icemen
- Wichita Signs Rookie Sam King - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Nick Canade Re-Signs with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Ink Ohio Native Chase Gresock - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Re-Sign Cam Hausinger - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toledo Walleye Stories
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 6: November 27, 2023
- Bliss' Hat Trick Fuels Comeback Over Komets
- Walleye Score Thrice in the Second Period in Loss
- Bliss, Craggs Score in Wednesday Night Loss to Wheeling
- Get "Lit" with Us at Our Hensville Tree Lighting: Friday, December 1