Vipers to Host Austin Spurs for Home Opener
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the NBA G League Affiliate of the Houston Rockets, will host the Austin Spurs on Saturday, November 9 for the first home game of the 2019-20 season. Tip-off will be at 7:30 p.m. CT, doors for the public will open at 5:30 p.m.
The first 1,000 fans will receive a replica championship ring when doors open. Prior to tip-off, the ring ceremony for the 2018-19 NBA G League Champions in presence and third championship banner drop will initiate introducing former head coach, Joseph Blair, and some members of the 2018-19 squad.
Media credential requests have been processed and will be available at the media entrance located at the southeast entrance. All media need to pick up their requested credentials and wear them in the arena. When shooting photos or video, all media should be sitting completely on the floor and considerate of people sitting behind.
Media interviews will be conducted following the conclusion of the game after a 10-minute cool-off period. Coach Abdelfattah will be available and requested players as well. No autographs are allowed during media access periods. Media seating will be in the lower area of section 215; game notes and rosters will be available.
Season and single game tickets for the Vipers 2019-20 season are on sale now at (956) 56-ARENA or the RGV Vipers official website. Opening night for the RGV Vipers tips off on November 8 at Austin Spurs at 7:30 p.m. CT. The complete 2019-20 schedule can be found at www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2019
- Vipers Steal Opening Night from Spurs - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Martin, Skyforce Silence Wolves in Season Opener - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Hold off Legends for Season Opening Win - Memphis Hustle
- Dragan Bender Scores 20 Points, But Herd Drops Season-Opener to Windy City - Wisconsin Herd
- A Tale of Turnovers: Memphis Takes Game One - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Escape Wolves on Opening Night - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Begin Season with Impressive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Magic Gain Control Early to Beat Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Announce 24 Charity Jersey Nights - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host Austin Spurs for Home Opener - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Finalize Opening Night Roster - Salt Lake City Stars
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Opening Night Roster - College Park Skyhawks
- Legends to Open Online Trading Academy Club November 9th - Texas Legends
- Canton Charge to Borrow Old Cavs' Court - Canton Charge
- Complete 2019-20 Windy City Bulls Home Schedule to Air on NBC Sports Chicago - Windy City Bulls
- Austin Spurs to Host 15th Anniversary Celebration Tonight - Austin Spurs
- Peachtree TV Announced as the Broadcast Home of the College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Milwaukee Bucks Assign Dragan Bender to Wisconsin Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Knicks Finalize 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Westchester Knicks
- Wolves Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings to Debut the Interactive Thrive Zone, Presented by Kaiser Permanente - Stockton Kings
- NBA G League Embarks on 19th Season with Record 28 Teams - G League
- Win the Moment 2.0: on the Identity of the New-Look Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Nuggets Assign Vlatko Cancar to Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Swarm Announce Opening Night Roster and Coaching Staff Additions - Greensboro Swarm
- Charlotte Hornets Assign Jalen McDaniels to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.