Vipers Rout Knicks
EDINBURG, TX - The Westchester Knicks (16-10), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, fell to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (15-9), 123-93, Friday evening at the Bert Ogden Arena.
Sekou Wiggs contributed a team-best 19 points off the bench and did so on 63.6-percent shooting. He also collected four rebounds. After missing five games due to left ankle and left hamstring injuries, Isaiah Hicks scored nine points on three made baskets and hauled seven rebounds. He was 3-of-4 from the stripe and led the team in dimes with six.
John Jenkins and Paul Watson finished with 16 points apiece. Zak Irvin was two points shy of what could have been his third consecutive double-double ending with nine points and 11 rebounds.
The Vipers slotted three in the 20-point club, Bruno Caboclo (21), Isaiah Hartenstein (20) and Dakarai Tucker (20). Gary Payton II nabbed a double-double consisting of 10 points and 10 assists.
Despite shooting 42.5-percent for the game, the Knicks were cold from distance connecting on just 28.6-percent of its long-range looks. Conversely, Rio Grande Valley was hot from three drilling 19 of them doubling the Knicks' eight makes.
Westchester went down by as many as 38 before settling upon its 25-point loss marking its largest margin of defeat this season.
The Knicks look to two more road games in the next week with a stop at the Salt Lake City Stars Monday, January 14.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/6QbxLszKCx4
Watch Sekou Wiggs' highlights here - https://youtu.be/d7HYyUtHhN4
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Balanced Magic Hold off Legends - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Prevail over Clippers in Tight Contest - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Defeats Wisconsin 124-101 for Their Ninth Consecutive Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Rout Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Johnson's Buzzer-Beater Lifts Fort Wayne to Comeback Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Add Jaylen Johnson to Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Kyle Washington - Windy City Bulls
- Westchester Knicks Waive Phil Carr - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Surges Past Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 87-84 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.