Blue Surges Past Stars
SALT LAKE CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (20-6) defeated the Salt Lake City Stars (12-11), 112-100, on Thursday night.
The game was tightly contested in the first half of play with 15 lead changes. Salt Lake City was up by as many as six points in the second quarter before Oklahoma City went on a 9-0 run at the end of the frame to take a 57-53 advantage into the break.
Two-way player Deonte Burton went 3-for-4 in the second to score nine points in the quarter before finishing with 19 points, six rebounds, two assists and two blocks.
Midway through the third quarter, the Blue scored 10 unanswered points to up 83-71, but with six minutes to go in the fourth the Stars were able to trim the deficit to three. Oklahoma City responded with a 17-3 run and the Stars were unable to get within single digits.
Richard Solomon produced his ninth double-double of the season with a game-leading 22 points and a game-best 11 rebounds while Abdul Gaddy dished out a game-high 10 assists. K.J. McDaniels went 7-of-12 from the field and 2-of-4 from beyond the arc to register 18 points and eight rebounds.
Bryce Alford and Dez Wells each provided 13 points off the bench with Alford adding six rebounds and three assists while Wells tacked on four rebounds and four assists.
Oklahoma City outrebounded Salt Lake City 45-33 and outscored the Stars 62-46 in the paint.
Willie Reed led Salt Lake City with a double-double of 21 points on 9-of-11 shooting and 10 rebounds.
The Blue will return to action on Sunday, Jan. 13, taking on the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 5 p.m. CST inside Sanford Pentagon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Balanced Magic Hold off Legends - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Prevail over Clippers in Tight Contest - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Defeats Wisconsin 124-101 for Their Ninth Consecutive Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Rout Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Johnson's Buzzer-Beater Lifts Fort Wayne to Comeback Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Add Jaylen Johnson to Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Kyle Washington - Windy City Bulls
- Westchester Knicks Waive Phil Carr - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Surges Past Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 87-84 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.