NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - In a continued community outreach effort to grow the sport of basketball in Yavapai County, the Northern Arizona Suns have teamed up with local high schools to create long-lasting memories for youth in the area. The Suns will host the varsity basketball teams from Bradshaw Mountain High School and Prescott High School on Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Findlay Toyota Center, shortly before playing their own game against the Delaware Blue Coats.
The four varsity teams will get to play on the same court where some of the best players in the world have played this season, including four current Phoenix Suns. The NAZ Suns are also inviting the student athletes from all four teams to attend their game later that day.
The girls varsity game will tip-off at noon, followed by the boys varsity game at 2 p.m. Doors open at 11 a.m. for general admission seating, with tickets available at the door for $3 for students, $5 for adults (cash only). Fans can enter through the Findlay VIP entrance located at the northwest corner of the arena. The boys varsity game will broadcast live on KKLD.
The Suns game tips off at 7 p.m. against the Blue Coats. Tickets start at just $10 and can be purchased at www.nazsuns.com/tickets.
The high school games will come just 11 days after the Suns will host students from across Yavapai County for their second annual Kids Day Game on Jan. 22 at 11 a.m. at the Findlay Toyota Center. Students will receive an interactive workbook, a bagged lunch and enjoy game-programming targeted at teaching kids about health and wellness.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Balanced Magic Hold off Legends - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Prevail over Clippers in Tight Contest - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Defeats Wisconsin 124-101 for Their Ninth Consecutive Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Rout Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Johnson's Buzzer-Beater Lifts Fort Wayne to Comeback Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Add Jaylen Johnson to Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Kyle Washington - Windy City Bulls
- Westchester Knicks Waive Phil Carr - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Surges Past Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 87-84 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Arizona Suns Stories
- NAZ Suns to Become Rodeo Clowns on Saturday
- Going Streaking: Suns Demolish Charge, Win Consecutive Games
- NAZ Suns Complete Trade with Raptors 905
- Skid over: Suns Race Past Red Claws to End Team's Longest Losing Streak
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2