Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (15-9) slither past the Westchester Knicks (16-10) at Bert Ogden Arena, 123-89.
The game kicked off on a fast pace on both ends of the court. The visiting Knicks pressured the Vipers throughout the entire first quarter but Rio Grande was able to coast by, taking a 29-18 lead.
More of the same continued for the Vipers at the halfway point. Houston Rockets assignee Isaiah Hartenstein led the way with 13 points, 7 rebounds and 2 assists at the break. The Knicks found themselves on the ropes 62-47, John Jenkins drew 10 points to help pad the deficit.
Rio Grande never looked back in this one, leading through the third and going strong into the fourth quarter of pay. The Knicks were unable to stop the attack and fell 123-98 to the very hot Vipers.
The Vipers extend their win streak to 6 straight following another dominant home performance. Bruno Caboco was the offensive leader in this one with his 21 points. Hartenstein yet again locked in the double double with 16 rebounds and 20 points. Gary Payton
For the Knicks John Jenkins and Paul Watson totaled 16 points apiece as they attempted to pull their team closer to the Vipers. In the end nothing was enough to limit the relentless attack and the Vipers struck for over 100 points in back to back games.
The Vipers return to action at home tomorrow Saturday, January 12 versus Santa Cruz. Tipoff will be at 7 p.m. for that contest. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Balanced Magic Hold off Legends - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Prevail over Clippers in Tight Contest - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Defeats Wisconsin 124-101 for Their Ninth Consecutive Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Rout Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Johnson's Buzzer-Beater Lifts Fort Wayne to Comeback Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Add Jaylen Johnson to Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Kyle Washington - Windy City Bulls
- Westchester Knicks Waive Phil Carr - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Surges Past Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 87-84 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.