Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle
Southaven, MS. - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (12-11) could not hang on as they lose to the Memphis Hustle (15-10), 119-116, in a Friday night contest that featured 12 ties and 24 lead changes.
The game was back and forth from the start, with the teams even after the first frame. After taking a two point lead into halftime, the Clippers continued their best run of the night by scoring the first seven points of the second half to take a 70-61 lead, their largest of the night. The Hustle quickly chipped away and got the last laugh, thanks to a Tyler Harvey 20-footer to seal the game.
Two-way center Angel Delgado led the way for the Clippers with another double-double, posting 26 points and 13 rebounds. Forward Jamel Artis added 22 points on 7-of-16 shooting from the field.
Ivan Rabb paced the Hustle with 28 points to go along with seven rebounds and three blocked shots. Jarnell Stokes added 20 points off the bench.
The Clippers remain on the road as they travel to Fort Wayne for their first ever matchup against the Mad Ants on Monday. The game is slated to tip off at 4 p.m. (PST) inside the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Clippers Drop Close One against Hustle - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Balanced Magic Hold off Legends - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Prevail over Clippers in Tight Contest - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Defeats Wisconsin 124-101 for Their Ninth Consecutive Victory - Windy City Bulls
- Vipers Strike for 123 vs. Westchester, Extend Win Streak to 6 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Rout Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Johnson's Buzzer-Beater Lifts Fort Wayne to Comeback Victory against Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns to Host High School Games Before Taking on Blue Coats on February 2 - Northern Arizona Suns
- Wolves Add Jaylen Johnson to Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Kyle Washington - Windy City Bulls
- Westchester Knicks Waive Phil Carr - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Surges Past Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 87-84 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Austin Spurs 87-84 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends