Trey Supak Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week
PENSACOLA, FL - Biloxi Shucker?s RHP Trey Supak has been named the Southern League's Pitcher of the Week for the week of July 23-29. The right-hander was locked in during a pair of road starts in Jackson and Pensacola.
Supak hurled eight innings of two-hit baseball with a walk and five strikeouts on Monday, July 23 against the Jackson Generals. He allowed a singular unearned run and received a no decision in a 2-1 Shuckers loss. His eight innings of work tied the longest outing of his career.
Five days later, the former Competitive Balance Round B draft selection earned the win in Biloxi's series opener against the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. The win came thanks to five strong innings featuring seven strikeouts. He allowed a pair of earned runs (two solo home runs) as the Shuckers grabbed a 9-6 victory. Supak also picked up his first career hit, going 2-for-3 at the plate with a pair of singles.
Acquired by the Milwaukee Brewers along with Keon Broxton from Pittsburg in 2015, Supak has split 2018 between High-A Carolina and Biloxi. In nine starts with the Mudcats, Supak went 2-1 with a 1.76 ERA, earning a spot on the Carolina League Midseason All-Star team and a promotion to Biloxi on May 26.
Rated as the #19 prospect in the Brewers' system by MLB Pipeline, Supak becomes the second Shuckers' pitcher to earn the Southern League Pitcher of the Week award this season, joining RHP Zack Brown who took home the award in June. Jake Gatewood and Corey Ray have also each garnered Southern League Player of the Week honors.
Single game tickets for the Biloxi Shuckers 2018 season can be purchased at the MGM Park box office or over the phone through Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Playoff tickets, flex plans and group outings are also available and can be reserved by calling 228-233-3465 or visiting www.biloxishuckers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Wahoos Snap Skid with 6-3 Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Barons Fall 3-0 in Pitching Battle - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Shutout by Lookouts on Monday - Tennessee Smokies
- Moss, Biscuits Shut Down Generals, 5-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Lucky Third Brings Game Three Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- RHP Kyle Wright Promoted to Triple-A Gwinnett, RHP Connor Johnstone Activated from the Disabled List - Mississippi Braves
- Didder, Wright Earn Weekly Honors - Mississippi Braves
- Angels Top Prospect Jo Adell Joins BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Trey Supak Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week - Biloxi Shuckers
- Southern League Announces Weekly Award Winners: July 23-29 - SL
- Biloxi to Host 2019 Southern League All-Star Game - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Rally for One-Run Win at Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Biloxi Shuckers Stories
- National Anthem Tryouts for Shuckers to be Held on March 9
- 2019 Southern League All-Star Game Logo Revealed
- 2019 Shuckers Coaching Staff Announced
- Home Game Times Announced for Shuckers 2019 Season
- Biloxi Shuckers to Host Annual Job Fair on January 31 at MGM Park