Didder, Wright Earn Weekly Honors
PEARL, MS - The Mississippi Braves have announced their Farm Bureau Player & Pitcher of the Week for the week ending Sunday, July 29th. Mississippi Braves shortstop, Ray-Patrick Didder and right-handed pitcher, Kyle Wright have been selected for the weekly awards.
Didder, the 23-year old shortstop, earns Mississippi Farm Bureau Player of the Week honors for the first time this season after ending the week with a .400 AVG (8-for-20.) Over the course of the week, Didder recorded 6 R, 13 TB, 1 3B, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 2 BB, and 2 SB combined with a .478 OBP, a .650 SLG and a 1.128 OPS in seven games played. Didder turned in his most impressive game of the season with the M-Braves after recording a career high, 4 RBI and finishing just a double shy of hitting for the cycle in M-Braves 11-6 victory over the Birmingham Barons on Sunday night. At the plate, Didder went 3-for-4 with a 3B, HR, and 3 R in addition to his 4 RBI performance.
In a span of 18 games played with the Mississippi Braves in 2018, the M-Braves shortstop has accumulated 19 H in 55 AB, 10 R, 2 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 28 TB, 6 BB, 6 SB and holds a .345/.429/.509 slash line. Didder's .345 AVG, .429 OBP, .509 SLG and .938 OPS are currently a team best among all M-Braves batters. A native of Cura Cabai, Aruba, Didder was signed by the Atlanta Braves as a non-drafted free agent on April 21, 2013.
Wright, the 22-year old right-handed pitcher has been named Mississippi Farm Bureau Pitcher of the Week for the third time this season. The right-hander made one start during the week which took place on July 25th against the Mobile BayBears at Trustmark Park. In his start against the BayBears, Wright was outstanding as he provided the M-Braves with a personal season high, 8.0 inning outing in which he allowed just 4 H, surrendered 1 R, which was earned, issued 2 BB, and struck out four. The Atlanta Braves No. 2 overall prospect became the first M-Braves pitcher to log an eight-inning outing since Mike Soroka did so on June 5, 2017 against the Biloxi Shuckers.
On the season, Wright boasts a 3.70 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP. In 20 starts with the M-Braves in 2018, Wright has allowed 103 H, 51 R, 45 ER, 6 HR, and issued 43 BB while striking out 105 in 109.1 IP. Wright's 20 GS, 109.1 IP and 105 K leads the M-Braves pitching staff. The Huntsville, Alabama native was selected by the Atlanta Braves in the first round (fifth overall) of the 2017 First-Year Player Draft out of Vanderbilt University.
The Mississippi Braves are the Double-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. Since the inaugural 2005 season, over 125 M-Braves have gone on to Major League Baseball. The M-Braves have made postseason play four times and went on to win the Southern League Championship in 2008. Stop by Trustmark Park or call 888-BRAVES4 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. For the latest news and updates, visit mississippibraves.com or connect with @mbraves on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Wahoos Snap Skid with 6-3 Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Barons Fall 3-0 in Pitching Battle - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Shutout by Lookouts on Monday - Tennessee Smokies
- Moss, Biscuits Shut Down Generals, 5-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Lucky Third Brings Game Three Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- RHP Kyle Wright Promoted to Triple-A Gwinnett, RHP Connor Johnstone Activated from the Disabled List - Mississippi Braves
- Didder, Wright Earn Weekly Honors - Mississippi Braves
- Angels Top Prospect Jo Adell Joins BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Trey Supak Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week - Biloxi Shuckers
- Southern League Announces Weekly Award Winners: July 23-29 - SL
- Biloxi to Host 2019 Southern League All-Star Game - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Rally for One-Run Win at Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississippi Braves Stories
- Chris Maloney Awarded 2018 Bobby Cox Manager of the Year
- M-Braves Hosting Job Fair on February 9th at Trustmark Park
- Mississippi Braves Announce 2019 Home Game Times, Fireworks Dates
- Mississippi Braves Announce 2019 Coaching Staff
- Atlanta Braves Foundation Awards $2,500 Grant to Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi