Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Trail Blazers have transferred guard Wade Baldwin IV to the NBA G League's Texas Legends, it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey.
Baldwin IV, 22, has appeared in 13 games for the Trail Blazers this season, posting averages of 2.0 points, 0.7 rebounds, 0.8 assists and 5.5 minutes.
Originally signed by the Trail Blazers to a two-way contract and later to a standard NBA contract last season, Baldwin IV played in 17 games (16 starts) for the Legends in 2017-18, averaging 18.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 2.18 steals and 33.8 minutes.
He holds career NBA averages of 3.2 points, 1.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 53 games (one start) over three seasons with Memphis and Portland.
Baldwin IV joins Trail Blazers teammate Caleb Swanigan, who was transferred to the Legends on Dec. 31.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Charge Lose in Overtime 122-117 - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Fair's Buzzer Beater Leads Bulls to Seventh Consecutive Win - Windy City Bulls
- Bulls Blow Past BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Falls to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Team Effort Helps Blue Hold off Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Look to Avenge Earlier Season Loss to Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Drops First Game of 2019 to the Blue - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.