Bulls Blow Past BayHawks
Erie, PA - The Erie BayHawks (11-11), NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, fell to the Windy City Bulls (12-12), 120-118, tonight inside Erie Insurance Arena.
Atlanta Hawks two-way forward Alex Poythress finished with a team-high 22 points on 10-18 (.556) shooting from the floor, eight rebounds, two assists and one steal in 32.4 minutes. R.J. Hunter notched 21 points, five rebounds, three assists and two blocks in 39.5 minutes of action. John Gillon contributed 21 points on 7-9 (.778) shooting, five rebounds, three assists and one block in 25.6 minutes as a reserve. Atlanta Hawks assignee Omari Spellman pulled down a game-high 13 rebounds (four offensive), to go along with nine points, three assists and one block in 29.2 minutes.
For the Windy City Bulls, Walter Lemon Jr. poured in a game-high 30 points on 14-23 (.601) shooting from the field, to go along with a game-high seven assists, two rebounds and two steals in 37.0 minutes. Kaiser Gates tallied 19 points and eight rebounds in 37.5 minutes coming off of the bench. CJ Fair finished tonight's contest with a near double-double, notching 17 points on 8-16 (.500) shooting, a team-high tying nine rebounds, two assists and one steal in 36.2 minutes.
Windy City built a nine-point, 25-16, lead off of a Kaiser Gates triple with 2:59 left to play in the opening quarter. The Bulls maintained their lead, finishing the first 12 minutes of play with a 27-22 advantage. Erie began the second quarter on a 15-9 run, taking a one-point, 37-36, lead at the 7:11 mark of the second quarter. Windy City regained the momentum, holding a 58-53 advantage heading into halftime.
The third quarter was back-and-forth, as each team poured in 35 points. Heading into the final quarter of action, Windy City maintained its five-point lead, 93-88. John Gillon buried a three-pointer with 4:12 left in regulation to give the BayHawks a 110-109 lead. With the game tied at 118-118, CJ Fair knocked down the game-winning shot as time was expiring, giving Windy City the 120-118 win.
Coming up for the BayHawks is a four-game road trip. They'll face off against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Jan. 11, 7 p.m.), Raptors 905 (Jan. 13, 2 p.m.), Wisconsin Herd (Jan. 16, 12:30 p.m.) and the Windy City Bulls (Jan.18, 8 p.m.). Erie's next home game is set for Saturday, Jan. 19 against the Long Island Nets at 7 p.m. Tickets can be found online at eriebayhawks.com or at the Erie Insurance Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Charge Lose in Overtime 122-117 - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Fair's Buzzer Beater Leads Bulls to Seventh Consecutive Win - Windy City Bulls
- Bulls Blow Past BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Falls to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Team Effort Helps Blue Hold off Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Look to Avenge Earlier Season Loss to Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Drops First Game of 2019 to the Blue - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- Erie BayHawks Announce Junior Dance Team Auditions
- Erie BayHawks Announce Two New Ticket Initiatives for 2019-20 Season
- BayHawks Announce Six Select Dates for the 2019-20 Season
- Pelicans Sign Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray to Two-Way Contracts
- 2019-20 Erie BayHawks Coaching Staff Set