Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110
Mississauga, ON - The Westchester Knicks (16-8), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, avenged an earlier season series loss, 113-110, to the Raptors 905 (14-8), Friday evening at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
The Knicks were backed by a double-double from Zak Irvin comprised of 22 points (career-high) and 10 rebounds. Irvin, who attempted 14 looks from the field, shot an astounding 78.6-percent while also corralling four of the Knicks' nine offensive rebounds.
Westchester had the Raptors by 19 points in the first half and toted that advantage to the locker-room after two quarters. However, nine 905 triples and just three turnovers revived the hosts in the second half as the Raptors were down just one following a trey by Malachi Richardson with just 39.2 seconds remaining.
A clutch Irvin caught a feed from a foul-ridden Allen, who got to the basket silencing the Raptors and pushing the Knicks lead back to three with the shot-clock turned off. Richardson, who tried a three on the ensuing possession, was unlucky.
John Jenkins put up his third consecutive 20-point game finishing with 20 and a team-high five dimes. Stephen Zimmerman also finished with a double-double corralling a game-high 11 boards and 10 points. Following a career-high effort against Fort Wayne (1/2), Sekou Wiggs scored 18 points, two shy of his superlative. Allen, in his return, was plagued by four fouls in the first half, ending with four assists.
The Raptors were led by 34 points from Jordan Loyd and 29 from Richardson. Loyd also dished 10 assists and came down with seven rebounds.
The Knicks return to the Westchester County Center for an afternoon Sunday matchup with Capital City, January 6 at 3:00 PM.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/-Qe6snIj8Hk
Watch Zak Irvin's highlights here - https://youtu.be/TQLH8cp8KBw
Watch John Jenkins' highlights here - https://youtu.be/moGdyYI9zgE
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Charge Lose in Overtime 122-117 - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Fair's Buzzer Beater Leads Bulls to Seventh Consecutive Win - Windy City Bulls
- Bulls Blow Past BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Falls to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Team Effort Helps Blue Hold off Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Look to Avenge Earlier Season Loss to Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Drops First Game of 2019 to the Blue - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Big Guard: A Look at Jameel Warney's Game and Growth