Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants (11-10) defeated the Wisconsin Herd (3-18), 125-120, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night.
Despite Fort Wayne leading the entire first half, Wisconsin rallied to lead by as much as seven in the third quarter. Fort Wayne would build the lead back to as large as 10 in the fourth quarter, en route to its second win this season against the central division foe.
Stephan Hicks finished with a career-high 32 points on 15-of-28 shooting. Hicks ended the night tying his career-high mark with 15 rebounds.
All five starters finished in double figures for the Mad Ants for only the second time this season. Indiana Pacers assignee Alize Johnson saw his 11-game double-double streak come to an end with 19 points and nine rebounds.
Omari Johnson poured in 12 of his 14 points after halftime behind 4-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc.
Pacers two-way players Davon Reed and Edmond Sumner chipped in 18 and 17 points each to help the Mad Ants surpass the .500 mark again on the season.
Tra-Deon Hollins tied a career-high off the bench with 12 assists in just under 28 minutes.
Wisconsin was led by 30 points and 18 rebounds from Christian Wood. Travis Trice II added 19 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
Trevon Duval and Vander Blue each tallied 17 and 13 points each off the bench.
The Mad Ants return home on Monday night to take on Stockton, while Wisconsin will take on Lakeland on Sunday night.
Monday is a "Money Monday" presented by 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Charge Lose in Overtime 122-117 - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Fair's Buzzer Beater Leads Bulls to Seventh Consecutive Win - Windy City Bulls
- Bulls Blow Past BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Falls to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Team Effort Helps Blue Hold off Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Look to Avenge Earlier Season Loss to Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Drops First Game of 2019 to the Blue - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine
- Pacers Assign Victor Oladipo to Fort Wayne
- GAME RECAP: Nets Get First Win of Season in Fort Wayne
- Magic Gain Control Early to Beat Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Finalize Opening Night Roster