Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired forward Okaro White. White's returning player rights were originally acquired by the Nets in a trade with the Memphis Hustle on Oct. 19, 2017. In corresponding moves, the Nets have requested waivers on center Kendall Gray and guard Kevin Olekaibe.
White (6'8", 205) appeared in three games for the Washington Wizards this season and in seven games (five starts) for the Capital City Go-Go in the NBA G League, where he recorded averages of 13.3 points, 8.0 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.7 steals in 29.6 minutes per contest. In 44 games over three NBA seasons with Washington (2018) and Miami (2016-18), White holds career averages of 2.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in 12.7 minutes per game. The Brooklyn, N.Y., native also appeared in and started 23 games on assignment with Miami's G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, during the 2016-17 season, averaging 18.4 points and 8.7 rebounds in 33.0 minutes per contest en route to being selected for the 2017 G League All-Star Game. Following a four-year (2010-14) playing career at Florida State University, White began playing professionally in Italy with Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna during the 2014-15 season and in Greece for Aris B.C. in the 2015-16 season, when he was named the Greek Basketball Player of the Year.
Gray appeared in five games for Long Island this season, recording averages of 5.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes per game. He was originally acquired by the Nets in the 2016 NBA G League Expansion Draft.
Olekaibe appeared in one LI Nets game this season after being acquired from the available player pool on Dec. 30 due to a roster hardship exception granted by the NBA G League.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Charge Lose in Overtime 122-117 - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Irvin Registers Career-High To Avenge Earlier Season Loss To 905, 113-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Fair's Buzzer Beater Leads Bulls to Seventh Consecutive Win - Windy City Bulls
- Bulls Blow Past BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Falls to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- Hicks' Career-High 32 Points Lead Mad Ants to Win against Wisconsin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Trail Blazers Transfer Wade Baldwin to NBA G League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Long Island Nets Acquire Okaro White - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Assign Keita Bates-Diop to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Team Effort Helps Blue Hold off Lakers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Knicks Look to Avenge Earlier Season Loss to Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Drops First Game of 2019 to the Blue - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory