Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers continue a stretch of 10 consecutive home matches with a pair of games this week at Providence Park, starting with a midweek contest against the Chicago Fire, in a match presented by Oregon Lottery, on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Beginning at 8 p.m. (Pacific), the match will be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS. The Timbers then play host to Atlanta United FC, in a match presented by FLIR, on Sunday, Aug. 18; kickoff is set for 7 p.m. (Pacific). Sunday's match features at national television broadcast on FS1, while both matches feature local radio broadcasts on 1029 and 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
Portland (10-9-4, 34pts) recorded a 3-1 win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Providence Park on Aug. 10. Sebastián Blanco, Jeremy Ebobisse and Marvin Loría all tallied goals, helping the Timbers extend their home unbeaten streak in all competitions to seven games (5-0-2). During that stretch, Portland has outscored its opponents 19-4, scoring two or more goals in five of the seven matches.
Eastern Conference opponents
The Timbers are 4-2-1 against Eastern Conference opponents in 2019. Dating back to the conclusion of the 2018 season, Portland has posted a record of 6-2-2 in its last 10 regular-season matches against Eastern Conference teams. Notably, the Timbers are unbeaten in their last 15 home matches (8-0-7) against Eastern Conference clubs, dating back to the 2016 campaign.
Against Chicago, Atlanta
Wednesday's match marks the 10th meeting all-time between Portland and Chicago (7-10-9, 30pts). The Timbers are unbeaten in the nine previous meetings (4-0-5) against the Fire, posting a record of 3-0-2 at Providence Park. In the last meeting, the two teams played to a 2-2 draw on March 31, 2018, at SeatGeek Stadium. The last match at Providence Park also finished with a 2-2 score line on July 5, 2017. Sunday's match marks the third meeting in regular-season play between Portland and Atlanta (13-9-3, 42pts). Both of the previous meetings were 1-1 draws, with the Timbers earning a draw in the last meeting in league play on June 24, 2018, on the road at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
The Timbers play host to Cascadia-rival Seattle Sounders FC on Friday, Aug. 23, at Providence Park. Beginning at 7 p.m. (Pacific), the match will feature a national television broadcast on ESPN with local radio broadcasts on 1029 and 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
TEAM MEDIA SOURCES
Television: "Timbers in 30"
Throughout the season, "Timbers in 30," hosted by Jake Zivin and Ross Smith, will offer inside access to the club and provide analysis with in-studio appearances from Timbers coaches and players. This week, "Timbers in 30" airs on Friday at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific) on FOX 12 Oregon with Timbers midfielder Renzo Zambrano. Previously aired shows and "Timbers in 30" features can be found at www.timbers.com.
Radio: "Talk Timbers"
The Timbers' weekly radio talk show, "Talk Timbers," airs every Wednesday evening beginning at 6 p.m. (Pacific) on flagship station 1029 and 750 The Game. "Talk Timbers" provides team and league news as well as interviews with Timbers coaches and players during the season, and also features regular updates on T2 and Portland Thorns FC. Fans can submit questions, provide comments or simply follow the conversation on the show on Twitter with the hashtag #TalkTimbers.
Fans can tune in to the show live on 1029 and 750 The Game or listen online at www.1029thegame.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 13, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Semifinals in Calgary - Montreal Impact
- By the Numbers: Defense on Pace - Orlando City SC
- #LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Jason Di Tullio Named Impact U17 Head Coach - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Visit Orlando City SC on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game - FC Cincinnati
- Campeones Cup in Atlanta to Crown North America's Best Team on Wednesday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Fall 2-0 to Atlanta United FC at Providence Park
- Timbers Register 3-2 Win against Chicago Fire at Providence Park
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019
- Timbers Earn 3-1 Win over Cascadia-Rival Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers' Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Run Comes to An End with 2-1 Loss to Minnesota United FC