Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC
SANDY, Utah - - Real Salt Lake welcomes Seattle Sounders FC to Rio Tinto Stadium on Wednesday, August 14 at 8:00p MT as the club looks to build upon its 5-1-3 (18 points) regular season record since the end of the Gold Cup break in June. The match can be seen live locally on KMYU and the KSL TV app and on the radio on ESPN700.
The match will mark the first for the club with Interim Head Coach Freddy Juarez leading the team after his appointment to the position on Sunday.
Tickets to Wednesday's match start at just $17 and can be purchased by visiting RSL.com or by calling 844.REAL.TIX.
Wednesday's contest will be the first of three consecutive home matches for RSL as it hosts Sounders FC and LAFC this week, before hosting the Colorado Rapids on August 24. RSL enters Wednesday's match against Sounders FC after topping rival Sporting Kansas City 2-1 last Saturday at Children's Mercy Park behind two goals from FW Corey Baird. After falling behind in the first half, Baird leveled the match just seven minutes later and found the winning strike in the 70th minute when his left-footed volley found the far-post side netting. The win saw RSL improve to 5-1-3 (18 points) since the end of the 2019 Gold Cup that finished in June.
RSL and Seattle's all-time regular season series is knotted entering Wednesday's match in Sandy with each team having claimed 10 wins over one another while seeing four draws supplement the series since 2009. At Rio Tinto Stadium, RSL has been dominant over the Rave Green, having earned a 7-1-2 (23 points) record and a +10-goal differential. The two sides have met on one previous occasion in 2019, a match that Seattle claimed a narrow 1-0 victory over the Utah side in early-April.
How to Follow RSL vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Wed., August.14, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 7:30 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU w/ David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color) & Samantha Yarock (sideline)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV app
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: N/A
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 13, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Semifinals in Calgary - Montreal Impact
- By the Numbers: Defense on Pace - Orlando City SC
- #LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Jason Di Tullio Named Impact U17 Head Coach - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Visit Orlando City SC on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game - FC Cincinnati
- Campeones Cup in Atlanta to Crown North America's Best Team on Wednesday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 against League Leaders LAFC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts League-Leading Los Angeles FC Saturday in Sandy
- Real Salt Lake Dismantles Seattle Sounders FC 3-0
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Terminates Contract of Head Coach Mike Petke