Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC
Sporting made several moves in the offseason but the bigger splashes have happened since the season began. KC brought in midfielder Gedion Zelalem, defender Nicolas Hasler and midfielder Benny Feilhaber.
The most notable moves for Sporting have been players exiting the club. KC acquired Kelyn Rowe in December in a massive trade with several teams but traded him away to Salt Lake last week. Another player traded away after being acquired this offseason was Abdul Rwatubyaye who lasted just over three months with the club.
Other notables names on the out were forward Diego Rubio, defender Ike Opara and forward Khiry Shelton.
Who's Hot, Who's Not?
Felipe Gutierrez has been leading the way for SKC this season in the goal department with 10 to his name, five more than the next player. Defensively, Tim Melia has only kept four clean sheets in 23 appearances this year which is a big turn around from the 2018 season.
Defensively, Sporting KC are a different side compared to the 2018 season. Sporting had the third-best defensive record at the end of the season with only 40 goals allowed and finished top of the West. Fast forward to where the league currently stands, and KC has already surpassed their goals allowed mark of last season with 43 allowed with 10 games left to play.
Sporting has three wins in their last five away games. Interestingly, the side has not drawn a match in their last 10 matches (Four wins, six losses).
City is 1-2-1 all-time in MLS play against Sporting KC and 1-0-1 at home versus the Western Conference side.
Rasmussen Fun Fact
This could be Dom Dwyer and Uri Rosell's second time facing their former club since joining Orlando City Soccer Club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 13, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Semifinals in Calgary - Montreal Impact
- By the Numbers: Defense on Pace - Orlando City SC
- #LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Jason Di Tullio Named Impact U17 Head Coach - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Visit Orlando City SC on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game - FC Cincinnati
- Campeones Cup in Atlanta to Crown North America's Best Team on Wednesday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- MLS Sets New Date for Orlando City SC's Match Against Columbus
- A Historic Night, Lions Clinch First Playoff Berth in Club History
- Lions Clinch First Playoff Berth in Club History with 1-1 Draw at New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent: New York Red Bulls
- Storylines: City vs. Red Bulls