FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game
CINCINNATI - Fans attending Saturday's FC Cincinnati match against New York City FC have a chance to be part of the club's "Salute to Service" activities with some community service of their own.
In cooperation with the Buffalove Foundation - the charitable arm of team partner Buffalo Wings & Rings - FCC fans are asked to bring non-perishable food items to donate at the Nippert Stadium entry gates.
All donated food items will be donated to the Cincinnati chapter of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul to assist their local mission.
Donations will be accepted by St. Vincent de Paul volunteers until halftime at Gates 2, 3 and 8 at Nippert Stadium on Saturday.
Of specific need are "kid-friendly" items, including shelf-stable macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and boxes of cereal. However, all non-perishables will be accepted.
The Buffalove food drive will help St. Vincent de Paul food pantry stock, which has become depleted over the summer. With an increased need as students head back to school in the coming weeks, the food donated by FC Cincinnati fans will assist needy families throughout the region.
"Our fans have an incredible community spirit and continue to step up and support incredible causes that help those around us," FC Cincinnati President Jeff Berding said. "We hope our fans will keep that spirit alive this weekend and donate food items at the gates to help our greater community."
FC Cincinnati return to the pitch on Saturday, August 17 when the club hosts New York City FC in its "Salute to Service" match at Nippert Stadium at 7:30 p.m. The match will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com. Tickets for the game are on sale to the general public at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. This is the final game for which Pick-Six mini plans will be available, while other ticketing options - including individual-game and group tickets - are on sale for all remaining games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 13, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Semifinals in Calgary - Montreal Impact
- By the Numbers: Defense on Pace - Orlando City SC
- #LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Jason Di Tullio Named Impact U17 Head Coach - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Visit Orlando City SC on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game - FC Cincinnati
- Campeones Cup in Atlanta to Crown North America's Best Team on Wednesday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.