#LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (10-9-6, 36 points) visits Los Angeles Galaxy (12-11-1, 37 points) on Wednesday, August 14 at 9:30 PM at Dignity Health Sports Park. This is the second meeting between the clubs this season, with FC Dallas defeating the Galaxy 2-0 at Toyota Stadium in March.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #LAvFCD
TV: 9:30PM on Texas 21 and FCDTV Network
Radio: 9:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270 AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts the Houston Dynamo in the Texas Derby in a match presented by Heineken on Sunday, August 25 at 7 PM.
News You Need to Know
FC Dallas Finds its Goal-Scoring Touch in Offensive Breakout (fcdallas.com)
FC Dallas looks to build on five-goal outburst in mid-week trip to Galaxy (ProSoccerUSA.com)
Wild night in Frisco: Pair of late goals from Brandon Servania lift FC Dallas over Minnesota United 5-3 (Dallas Morning News)
FC Dallas homegrown Jesus Ferreira shows versatility in the midfield (ProSoccerUSA.com)
5 Things to Know About #LAvFCD
Coach of the Week
Luchi Gonzalez will enter Health Sports Park on Wednesday night as the reigning MLS Coach of the Week. Gonzalez led Dallas to a barnstorming 5-3 victory over Minnesota United on Saturday, August 10 in what was FC Dallas' best offensive showing since October 22, 2017. This was Gonzalez's third Coach of the Week honor, having also been included in MLS' Team of the Week for Week 8 on April 22 and Week 16 on June 24.
Midfielders Michael Barrios and Paxton Pomykal enter the matchup against the Galaxy on the back of outstanding performances over the weekend which was saw them both register three assists- bringing their season tallies to 11 and five assists respectively. It was the first time since 2010 that two teammates each recorded three assists in one match, and Dallas will need both playmakers to be at their best again when they face conference rivals LAG on Wednesday night.
Gonzalez vs. Schelotto
Wednesday's matchup pits two former MLS players-turned-coaches against one another. FC Dallas' Luchi Gonzalez spent time with the San Jose Earthquakes and Colorado Rapids during his playing days and LA's Guillermo Barros Schelotto won the MLS Cup with the Columbus Crew in his four-year MLS career. Both first-year MLS coaches, Gonzalez and Schelotto have led their teams into the mix of Western Conference playoff race during their inaugural seasons.
About LA Galaxy
The Galaxy began the 2019 season in scorching form, winning seven of its initial eight games. Recently, however, LA has lost five of its last seven, including one 4-0 and two 3-0 defeats. The Galaxy's tendency to lose by large margins has its goal difference stuck at negative five, despite sitting in fifth place. LA is the only Western Conference team above the playoff line with a negative goal difference.
Against LA Galaxy
FCD and LA are longtime Western Conference rivals. LA just edges the series with 33 wins to Dallas' 28, with 12 draws mixed in as well. While Dallas has won its last five meetings against the Galaxy, historically it has struggled when playing away, posting a 7-24-5 all-time record. This year, FCD defeated LA 2-0 in the second match of the 2019 season, with goals from Reto Ziegler and Bryan Acosta.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 13, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 13, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Part Ways with Wilmer Cabrera - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Opens Three-Match Home Stand Wednesday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- Impact to Play Second Leg of Canadian Championship Semifinals in Calgary - Montreal Impact
- By the Numbers: Defense on Pace - Orlando City SC
- #LAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Jason Di Tullio Named Impact U17 Head Coach - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group - Seattle Sounders FC
- Know Your Opponent | Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Visit Orlando City SC on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game - FC Cincinnati
- Campeones Cup in Atlanta to Crown North America's Best Team on Wednesday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Foundation Launches Community Initiatives During COVID-19 Match Play Suspension
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Notable Matches in Club History
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season
- FC Dallas Statement on the Postponement of Seattle Sounders Match on March 21 in Seattle