Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection
PORTLAND, Ore. - Continuing to emphasize the club's strong commitment to community, Stand Together and TikTok have collaborated to elevate the platform's TikTok For Good initiative, aimed at inspiring a new generation to have a positive impact on the planet and those around them, with the release of the first scarf as part of a four-scarf series. As part of the campaign, the club will release a unique scarf every three months and a portion of the sale of each scarf will be donated directly to a local non-profit.
In addition, part of the proceeds from each Timbers and Thorns FC jersey sold will also benefit the quarterly non-profit. Only jerseys sold in store and at PTFCAuthentics.com are eligible for donation.
The first scarf will benefit the Urban League of Portland and is available online for purchase here. Established in 1945, the Urban League of Portland is one of the oldest African American service, civil rights and advocacy organizations in the area. ULPDX is part of a network of over 90 National Urban League affiliates across the country and are recognized as one of the leading voices for African Americans and other people of color in the region. Theo organization is coalition-builder amongst other African American organizations, and works extensively with both traditional and emerging African American groups, the faith-based community, minority businesses, and other organizations of color, including immigrants and refugees.
The Urban League of Portland's mission is to empower African Americans and others to achieve equality in education, employment, health, economic security and quality of life. Our programs include a distinctive blend of direct services, organizing, outreach, and advocacy. We offer workforce services, community health services, summer youth programming, senior services, meaningful civic engagement opportunities, and powerful advocacy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 31, 2021
- Nashville SC Earns 1-0 Victory over Tampa Bay Rowdies in Preseason Match - Nashville SC
- Rapids Top FC Tucson, LA Galaxy II in Midweek Scrimmage - Colorado Rapids
- Larry Freedman, John Thorrington Named LAFC Co-Presidents - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Names iHeartMedia Austin's ALT 97.5 FM Official Flagship English-Language Broadcast Partner - Austin FC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection - Portland Timbers
- New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: March 31, 2021 - New England Revolution
- LAFC Supports California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day in Allegiance with United Farm Workers Foundation - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Winger Isaac Atanga from Danish Club FC Nordsjaelland - FC Cincinnati
- Paul Arriola Returns to D.C. United to Rehabilitate from An Injury Sustained on Loan at Swansea City - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Partner with LAFC, LA Galaxy, Oakland Roots SC, and Sacramento Republic FC to Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union Announce Partnership with Osmo - Philadelphia Union
- Reimagined League Website and Launch of "Our Soccer" Campaign Signal MLS Is Back in 2021 - MLS
- "Austin Table" Rotational Chef Series Introduced - Austin FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Cancel Today's Preseason Game against Austin Bold FC; Will Hold Open Practice for Fans at 1 p.m. - Houston Dynamo FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Leon Flach - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Adds Damian Roden as Senior Director of Sports Science - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Conclude Concacaf Champions League Run with 3-1 Road Loss to Club América
- Timbers Fall 4-1 on the Road to FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium
- Timbers Square off against FC Dallas Tonight at Toyota Stadium
- Timbers, Club América Battle to 1-1 Draw in Leg One Quarterfinal Match of Concacaf Champions League at Providence Park
- Timbers Sign U.S. Youth International Midfielder Emanuel Perez