LAFC Supports California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) today announced they will be joining forces with five California professional soccer teams in celebration of Cesar Chavez Day. The five-team coalition will be working with the United Farm Workers Foundation to raise funds in support of farm workers in California.
The five clubs have created a $3,000 match grant challenge where all donations collected will be doubled up to the mentioned amount. All funds raised will be allocated towards UFW Foundation's COVID-19 relief and vaccination efforts to support the farm working community in appreciation for their arduous labor and year-round contributions.
According to recent studies, farm workers are not only more likely to be infected with COVID-19, but they are also most likely to die from it. In response to these findings, UFW Foundation has begun hosting vaccination events throughout California where thousands of farm workers have already received the COVID-19 vaccine since the first weeks of March.
Vaccinations are available to all farm workers 18 years or older at no charge. No health insurance or doctor's note are required. Farm workers are encouraged to call the bilingual toll-free call centers of UFW Foundation (661) 501-4280 to see what vaccination events are near them. The UFW Foundation continues to work with different partners to make the vaccines accessible to more farm worker communities throughout California and other states.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 31, 2021
- Nashville SC Earns 1-0 Victory over Tampa Bay Rowdies in Preseason Match - Nashville SC
- Rapids Top FC Tucson, LA Galaxy II in Midweek Scrimmage - Colorado Rapids
- Larry Freedman, John Thorrington Named LAFC Co-Presidents - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Names iHeartMedia Austin's ALT 97.5 FM Official Flagship English-Language Broadcast Partner - Austin FC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection - Portland Timbers
- New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: March 31, 2021 - New England Revolution
- LAFC Supports California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day in Allegiance with United Farm Workers Foundation - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Winger Isaac Atanga from Danish Club FC Nordsjaelland - FC Cincinnati
- Paul Arriola Returns to D.C. United to Rehabilitate from An Injury Sustained on Loan at Swansea City - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Partner with LAFC, LA Galaxy, Oakland Roots SC, and Sacramento Republic FC to Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union Announce Partnership with Osmo - Philadelphia Union
- Reimagined League Website and Launch of "Our Soccer" Campaign Signal MLS Is Back in 2021 - MLS
- "Austin Table" Rotational Chef Series Introduced - Austin FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Cancel Today's Preseason Game against Austin Bold FC; Will Hold Open Practice for Fans at 1 p.m. - Houston Dynamo FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Leon Flach - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Adds Damian Roden as Senior Director of Sports Science - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Plays to 1-1 Draw with Houston Dynamo FC in Front of Sellout Crowd at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Loans Five Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against Orange County Sc
- LAFC Loans Eight Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against LA Galaxy II
- LAFC Inks New Partnership with Rockstar Energy Drink
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against Portland Timbers