Austin FC Names iHeartMedia Austin's ALT 97.5 FM Official Flagship English-Language Broadcast Partner
Austin, Texas - Austin FC today announced its exclusive English-language radio broadcast partnership with iHeartMedia Austin's ALT 97.5 FM. The historic partnership with ALT 97.5 FM will make Austin FC coverage accessible to fans in the Central Texas area and throughout the Austin media market.
Austin FC's flagship English-language radio partner Alt 97.5 FM -- The New Alternative -- and home of The Woody Show in the mornings, will broadcast all Austin FC's Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and postseason matches.
"iHeartMedia Austin is the market leader in entertainment programming and Austin FC is proud and excited to partner with its station ALT 97.5 FM to present Austin FC's historic inaugural season in the Austin metro area," commented Austin FC President, Andy Loughnane. "iHeartMedia's mission of focusing on targeted local programming strategically aligns with our Club's mission to bring the story of our Club and the city of Austin to our supporters."
"We view this as more than a simple broadcast partnership, this is a brand partnership between two huge brands," said Matt Martin, iHeartMedia President Austin and San Antonio. "Austin FC is Austin's first major league team and to launch and build together is an amazing opportunity. Andy and his entire team are a class act and, much like us, have a deep love and appreciation for our community well beyond soccer. We are excited to work together."
Austin FC will announce the lead English language play-by-play commentator in due course. Adrian Healey, Austin FC's English language TV play-by-play commentator and Executive Director of Broadcast and Content, will partner with his radio counterpart on Austin FC's radio broadcasts on ALT 97.5 FM for any competition in which Austin FC is part of a nationally televised matchup.
"I'm delighted to welcome iHeartRadio to Austin FC, and thrilled that ALT 97.5FM will be our English language radio partner," added Adrian Healey. "As someone whose experience includes a stint as an alternative-rock radio DJ, I'm particularly happy to see our matches broadcast on such a great, Austin station."
Details related to Austin FC's Spanish-language television and radio broadcasts, including broadcast talent, will be released prior to the start of the 2021 MLS regular season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 31, 2021
- Nashville SC Earns 1-0 Victory over Tampa Bay Rowdies in Preseason Match - Nashville SC
- Rapids Top FC Tucson, LA Galaxy II in Midweek Scrimmage - Colorado Rapids
- Larry Freedman, John Thorrington Named LAFC Co-Presidents - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Names iHeartMedia Austin's ALT 97.5 FM Official Flagship English-Language Broadcast Partner - Austin FC
- Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection - Portland Timbers
- New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: March 31, 2021 - New England Revolution
- LAFC Supports California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day in Allegiance with United Farm Workers Foundation - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Winger Isaac Atanga from Danish Club FC Nordsjaelland - FC Cincinnati
- Paul Arriola Returns to D.C. United to Rehabilitate from An Injury Sustained on Loan at Swansea City - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Partner with LAFC, LA Galaxy, Oakland Roots SC, and Sacramento Republic FC to Support California Farm Workers on Cesar Chavez Day - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union Announce Partnership with Osmo - Philadelphia Union
- Reimagined League Website and Launch of "Our Soccer" Campaign Signal MLS Is Back in 2021 - MLS
- "Austin Table" Rotational Chef Series Introduced - Austin FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Cancel Today's Preseason Game against Austin Bold FC; Will Hold Open Practice for Fans at 1 p.m. - Houston Dynamo FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Leon Flach - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Adds Damian Roden as Senior Director of Sports Science - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Falls 4-3 to San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC Announces Grand Opening of "Verde Store on Congress"
- Austin FC Falls 2-1 to Los Angeles FC
- PointsBet Joins Austin FC as Founding Partner, Exclusive to Sports Betting Category
- Austin FC Kicks off "Kick Childhood Cancer" Campaign