Thunder Sign Goaltender Eric Schierhorn
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that they have signed goaltender Eric Schierhorn to an amateur try-out contract.
Schierhorn, 23, joins the Thunder roster after completing his four-year collegiate career at the University of Minnesota. With the Golden Gophers, the 6-foot tall goaltender appeared in 112 games while compiling a 59-45-4 record. His best season came during his sophomore campaign when he went 23-12-3 with a 2.61 goals-against average and .908 save percentage across 38 games played.
Prior to playing collegiately, Schierhorn appeared in 83 regular-season games across two seasons with the USHL's Muskegon Lumberjacks. During the 2014-2015 season, the Anchorage, AK native appeared in 43 games for the Lumberjacks, pitching a 26-13-4 record with a 2.51 GAA and .927 SV%.
In an additional move, forward Derek Petti has been released from his ECHL contract.
The Thunder are back in action for a pair of games this weekend against the Brampton Beast in Ontario. The two sides square off at 7:15 p.m. Saturday evening before a 2:00 p.m. Sunday matinee at CAA Centre. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
Images from this story
Goaltender Eric Schierhorn with the University of Minnesota
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 21, 2019
- Nault's Hat Trick Powers Swamp Rabbits to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Winning Streak Snapped in Homestand Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Point Streak Ends in Road Loss to Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Robbie Payne, James Phelan Return from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 21 - ECHL
- Players Night out at Twin Peaks in Plano - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Weekly: Single Game Pits Florida against Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Midco Sports Network to Broadcast Rush vs Steelheads Series - Rapid City Rush
- Wheelchair Game Rescheduled to April 1st - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Add UMass-Lowell Forward Master - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Sign Goaltender Eric Schierhorn - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack's Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Manchester
- Thunder Extend Season with Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win in Game 4
- Six Unanswered Lead Monarchs to 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunder Drop First Game of Series to Monarchs by 4-2 Final
- Logan Thompson Signs PTO with Binghamton Devils