Thunder Brings Back Forward Berardinelli
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Bakersfield Condors, announced today the signing of forward Alex Berardinelli for the 2021-22 season.
"Alex is a good, young player who we're excited to bring back," commented Head Coach Bruce Ramsay. "Last year, he got caught in a numbers game coming out of camp. He had a solid finish to the season in the SPHL and I'm excited to see his progression."
Berardinelli, 26, was signed by the Thunder last season and appeared in one game. He finished his rookie campaign in the Southern Professional Hockey League with the Huntsville Havoc. In 17 games, he recorded 10 points (7g, 3a). The 5-foot-10, 163-pound forward also saw action in five games with the Tulsa Oilers as well as the SPHL's Knoxville Ice Bears.
Prior to turning pro, he played a four-year career at Colorado College. A native of Greensburg, Pennsylvania, he served as the team's captain during his senior season. He finished with 49 points (20g-29a) in 121 games for the Tigers.
Before heading to Colorado College, Berardinelli played two seasons in the NAHL with the Michigan Warriors and the Lone Star Brahmas. In 2015-16, he netted 55 points (33g-22a) in 59 games for the Brahmas, earning him to the All-NAHL Team and All-South Division Team honors.
The Thunder will open their home schedule on Friday, October 29 against the Utah Grizzlies and close home-opening weekend on Saturday, October 30 as the Wheeling Nailers make their first-ever trip to the Air Capital.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 1, 2021
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Riley Weselowski Assistant Coach and Josh Robinson Goaltending Coach and Video Coordinator - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Bolster Hockey Operations Department with Oklahoma Native - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Brings Back Forward Berardinelli - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Jimmy Lodge - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Sign Penner and Pouncy for Upcoming Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Bring Back Dylan Fitze - Orlando Solar Bears
- Exciting Rookie from Last Season Returns - Allen Americans
- Rabbits Re-Sign Rauhauser for 21-22 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Name Cody Lefkowitz as the New Broadcaster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers HC Extend Broadcast Agreement with 98.9 FM NASH ICON - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.