Thrashers Trade Tapper for Corso
The Atlanta Thrashers have recalled right wing Brad Tapper from the Chicago Wolves and traded him to the Ottawa Senators for center Daniel Corso.
Corso, who did not appear in a game for Ottawa this season, was tied for fourth with seven goals and 18 points in 32 games with Ottawa's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. The Montreal, Quebec, native shared third on the club with 11 assists and three power-play markers.
The 25-year-old forward, who missed the majority of last season recovering from a shoulder injury, played in a National Hockey League career-high 41 games with the St. Louis Blues in 2001-02, posting seven assists and 11 points. Corso registered NHL career-highs with 10 goals and 13 points in 28 games with St. Louis in his first NHL season in 2000-01.
Corso who was the Blues' sixth pick (169th overall) in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft has tallied 14 goals, 10 assists and 24 points in 70 NHL games with the Blues spanning three seasons (2000-2003). He also recorded one assist in 14 NHL playoff games (2001 and 2002).
Corso has tallied 61 goals, 96 assists and 157 points in 219 games in five AHL seasons with the Worcester IceCats from 1998-2004.
Tapper has recorded one goal, eight assists and nine points in 20 games with the Wolves this season. Overall, the Scarborough, Ontario, native has posted 24 goals, 34 assists and 58 points in 98 AHL games with the Wolves spanning three seasons (2001-2004). Tapper won back-to-back minor-league championships with the Orlando Solar Bears (International Hockey League) in 2001 and the Wolves (AHL) in 2002.
The 25-year-old forward has notched 14 goals, 11 assists and 25 points in 71 NHL games with Atlanta, which includes a career-best 10 goals and 14 points in 35 games with the Thrashers last year.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2004
- Defenseman Paul Recalled to Florida - San Antonio Rampage
- Michalek back with Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Flier - Adirondack Phantoms
- Thrashers Trade Tapper for Corso - Chicago Wolves
- Luoma Reassigned to Toronto - Edmonton Road Runners
- Thrashers recall MacKenzie, Santala; Wolves recall Doell - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Help Kids Get Off the Streets, Onto the Ice - Chicago Wolves
- The Rock Report - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Recalls Center Mark Hartigan - Syracuse Crunch
- Sens Pick Up Tapper From Atlanta - Binghamton Senators
- Billy Smith, Grant Fuhr to be honored by AHL - AHL
- Ronald McDonald House Night is Friday - Houston Aeros
- Grizzlies Introduce Information Hotline - (801) 988-8005 - Utah Grizzlies
- Toughest Test Since 1997 awaits Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Senators Make Changes in Promotional Schedule - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs In The Community - Manchester Monarchs
- Grizzlies Re-Call Konopka and Peters - Utah Grizzlies
- Pepsi Begins All-Star Promotional Blitz - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blues Send IceCats a Forward - Worcester IceCats
- River Rats Face Two Divisional Road Battles - Albany River Rats
- Crunch Announce Details Of Saturn Test Drive With The Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.