Syracuse Recalls Tim Miller
The Gwinnett Gladiators announced today that forward Tim Miller has been recalled by the team's American Hockey League affiliate Syracuse Crunch. Miller originally signed an AHL contract with the Crunch in early October of last year and was assigned to the Gladiators for the start of the season. After skating in four contests with Gwinnett, Miller returned to the Crunch for 12 games from late October through mid-December before being reassigned to the Gladiators. This marks his second trip to the AHL this season.
Miller, a 23-year-old Davisburg, Michigan native, appeared in 44 games with the Gladiators this season, posting 15 goals and 20 assists for 35 points while adding 103 penalty minutes. He leaves the team in the midst of a career-high 10-game point streak in which he tallied four goals and nine assists. He has two goals, one assist and 11 penalty minutes in 13 total AHL games during the past two seasons.
Following his senior season at the University of Michigan last year, Miller made his pro debut in one game with the Crunch, where he scored his first professional goal. While at Michigan, the forward recorded 77 points on 25 goals and 52 assists in 166 total games and was named the CCHA's 2008-09 best defensive forward following his final season with the Wolverines.
Prior to skating at Michigan, Miller played two junior seasons with the Omaha franchise of the United States Hockey League from 2003 to 2005, registering 55 points and 223 penalty minutes in 117 total outings.
The Gladiators continue their 7th season in the ECHL on Saturday, March 20th vs. Trenton at 7:05 p.m. The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and Columbus Blue Jackets and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2010
- Gill Joins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ianiero Bobblehead Giveaway And Hockey-Thon Highlight Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Mitera & Pokulok Return To Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Rookie Defenseman Brian Kilburg Released From Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Cyclones Have Van Guilder Recalled By Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Marcus Carroll To Ato - Utah Grizzlies
- Las Vegas' Spratt Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Las Vegas' Miller Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Taylor Recalled To AHL Syracuse - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiodo Reassigned From Jackals To B-Sens - Elmira Jackals
- Checkers Announce Fifth Annual "Salute To Heroes" - Charlotte Checkers
- Utah Welcomes Slap Shot's Hanson Brothers March 27 - Utah Grizzlies
- Filangieri Recalled By AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Marine Corps Jerseys Highlight Upcoming Promos - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL To Honor Olaf Kolzig On Friday - ECHL
- Olaf Kolzig Honored By ECHL And 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Syracuse Recalls Tim Miller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Busy Week At Home - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays' Pink In The Rink Raises Over $40,000 - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.