Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up
It was just nine games but it was a long three weeks for Andrew Sturtz.
The Belleville Senators' rookie forward missed time with injury but made his return Friday night against the Syracuse Crunch.
"It felt good to be back for sure," Sturtz said. "It was a long three weeks and I didn't know if it'd be another week but when we got to Syracuse we decided I was good to go and I felt good all weekend."
And he made quite the impact in his return scoring his first goal of the season and the second of his professional career.
"It was good to get the first one out of the way. It was a good play by [Boston] Leier and a good screen by [Joseph] LaBate and the puck was kind of just sitting there.
"I didn't even have my stick in my hands by the end of it. Those are the kind of goals I want to score and hopefully they carry over."
Sturtz is back #fortheB pic.twitter.com/OfzxXMMH9p
- Belleville Senators (@BellevilleSens) November 2, 2018
The former Penn State forward, who hadn't played since Oct. 6 in the Sens' season opener against Utica, also grabbed an assist Saturday night and has two points in three games this season.
"I did a lot of work with Craig [Belfer, Athletic Therapist] and Jeremy [Benoit, Strength and Conditioning coach] in the weight room and in the training room and they got me healthy so without those guys I wouldn't have been ready to go in Syracuse.
"I give a lot of credit to them for taking some extra hours to help me get better to play."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- T-Birds Hit Road for Two Games in Pennsylvania - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners Continue Home Stand with Promotional Packed Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Assigns 3 Players to ECHL's Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Stars and Stripes Jersey Auction to be Held Through DASH Auction - Texas Stars
- Admirals to Offer Free Tickets on Friday for Veterans & Active Military - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls to Honor U.S. Armed Forces During Military Weekend November 9-10 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to Bakersfield in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chaz Reddekopp Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Marody Overtime Winner for Condors in 5-4 Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- "The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 18th Annual School Day Game and Lunch Box Giveaway on Tap Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Continues Its San Diego Dominance; Madsen Earns First Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Doubled up at Tucson 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Launch Road Trip with 4-3 Victory over Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.