Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, AHL affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday the team will host "Salute to Service" Night, presented by Ohio CAT, at The Q this Saturday at 7:00 pm when they take on the Laval Rocket.
Tickets will be FREE for those with a Military ID, as the Monsters will honor veterans and active service members throughout the night with special moments of recognition. Additionally, the Monsters will hold a special pinning program prior to the start of the game, and fans will have the opportunity to write letters to our troops overseas at Section 128 on the concourse.
On Saturday night, the Monsters will also pay tribute to select veterans in attendance with the return of the "Hockey for Heroes" program, presented by Unique Home Solutions. Guests of the program this Saturday, as well as all Friday games throughout the season, will receive concession items, a Monsters gift bag and a private meet-and-greet with a Monsters player after the game.
Prior to the action on Saturday night, Ohio CAT will donate $5,000 as well as ice time to the Coast Guard Hockey Organization, with two teams from the Coast Guard facing off in a hockey game Saturday afternoon at The Q. More details to come in a media advisory that will be released Friday morning.
Finally, a portion of the proceeds from this weekend's retail item, a Monsters camo hat, will be donated to Operation Hat Trick, which raises awareness and support for the recovery of service members and veterans injured during combat.
Leading in to the excitement that takes place on Saturday night, the Monsters return home tomorrow to take on Laval Rocket for 1-2-3 Friday and Blue Jackets Night, where fans can enjoy $1 Pepsi, $2 Sugardale hot dogs and $3 select 12 oz. beers, while the Monsters pay tribute to their NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, with themed jerseys and game elements.
Tickets for all 2018-19 Monsters games are on sale now and start at only $10! Pro-rated 2018-19 Monsters Hockey Club Memberships, providing fans the ability to lock in the lowest ticket prices, the best seat locations to each game, custom member benefits and an exclusive Monsters jersey, are now available! Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000 or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- T-Birds Hit Road for Two Games in Pennsylvania - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners Continue Home Stand with Promotional Packed Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Assigns 3 Players to ECHL's Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Stars and Stripes Jersey Auction to be Held Through DASH Auction - Texas Stars
- Admirals to Offer Free Tickets on Friday for Veterans & Active Military - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls to Honor U.S. Armed Forces During Military Weekend November 9-10 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to Bakersfield in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chaz Reddekopp Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Marody Overtime Winner for Condors in 5-4 Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- "The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 18th Annual School Day Game and Lunch Box Giveaway on Tap Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Continues Its San Diego Dominance; Madsen Earns First Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Doubled up at Tucson 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Launch Road Trip with 4-3 Victory over Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo
- Cleveland Monsters Forward Zac Dalpe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week