Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that forward A.J. Greer has been recalled by the team's NHL affiliate. Additionally, the Eagles have recalled forwards Travis Barron and Caleb Herbert from the team's ECHL affiliate, the Utah Grizzlies.
Greer has posted 10 points in nine games with the Eagles and has already appeared in one game with the Avalanche this season. A second-round pick of Colorado in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Greer has seen action in 23 NHL contests with Colorado, notching four assists and 33 penalty minutes. In addition, the 21 year-old has registered 61 points in 107 AHL contests with the Eagles and San Antonio Rampage.
Herbert currently leads the ECHL with 11 goals in 10 games with the Grizzlies and ranks second in the league with 18 points. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward was selected in the fifth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Washington Capitals and has registered 27 points in 103 AHL games with Utica, San Jose, Hartford, Texas and Hershey.
Barron has collected one assist in three games with the Eagles this season and has notched three points in six games with Utah. The 20 year-old is a seventh-round pick of the Avalanche in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft and collected seven points in 20 playoff games last season, helping the Eagles capture the 2018 ECHL Kelly Cup Championship.
The Eagles return to action on Friday, November 9th when they travel to San Diego, California to take on the San Diego Gulls at the Valley View Casino Center at 8:00pm MT.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- T-Birds Hit Road for Two Games in Pennsylvania - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners Continue Home Stand with Promotional Packed Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Assigns 3 Players to ECHL's Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Stars and Stripes Jersey Auction to be Held Through DASH Auction - Texas Stars
- Admirals to Offer Free Tickets on Friday for Veterans & Active Military - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls to Honor U.S. Armed Forces During Military Weekend November 9-10 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to Bakersfield in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chaz Reddekopp Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Marody Overtime Winner for Condors in 5-4 Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- "The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 18th Annual School Day Game and Lunch Box Giveaway on Tap Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Continues Its San Diego Dominance; Madsen Earns First Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Doubled up at Tucson 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Launch Road Trip with 4-3 Victory over Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.