"The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced today that Longmeadow native Brynn Cartelli will perform the national anthem prior to the Thunderbirds game at 7 p.m. on Friday, November 16 at the MassMutual Center against the Rochester Americans.
Cartelli, at age 15, became the youngest ever champion of NBC's The Voice this past May under the tutelage of recording artist Kelly Clarkson. In addition to performing the national anthem, Cartelli will also give fans the opportunity to meet her during a pregame meet-and-greet on the MassMutual Center concourse from 6:00 to 6:45 p.m.
Photos and autographs (time permitting) with Cartelli will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, and the session will conclude promptly at 6:45 to allow Cartelli time to prepare for her performance. This will not be the first time Cartelli has performed at a Springfield hockey game; as a 12-year-old in 2015, Cartelli performed the national anthem at a Springfield Falcons game inside the MassMutual Center.
"We couldn't be more excited to welcome one of Western Massachusetts' shining stars back to the MassMutual Center to perform the National Anthem," said Thunderbirds President Nathan Costa. "Brynn performed at a Falcons game in 2015, and it's going to be a lot of fun to see her return now as winner of The Voice, as her career continues to flourish."
Cartelli was a member of coach Kelly Clarkson's team, and in the months since her "Voice" title victory has announced that she will be going on tour with Clarkson and country singer Kelsea Ballerini on the 2019 Meaning of Life Tour, with stops in cities including Los Angeles.
In addition, Cartelli will also perform both locally and nationally around the holidays, including a performance in the 2019 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City on Nov. 22. Cartelli and Mary Lambert, Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter best known for "Same Love," will be performing at a Dec. 8 concert at Springfield Symphony Hall as part of the Springfield Symphony Orchestra's holiday pops concert.
Springfield Thunderbirds fans are encouraged to visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com to learn more about 2018-19 Thunderbirds Season Ticket Memberships. Packages include a wide range of benefits, including the lowest prices for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield. For more information or to order now, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- T-Birds Hit Road for Two Games in Pennsylvania - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners Continue Home Stand with Promotional Packed Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Assigns 3 Players to ECHL's Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Stars and Stripes Jersey Auction to be Held Through DASH Auction - Texas Stars
- Admirals to Offer Free Tickets on Friday for Veterans & Active Military - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls to Honor U.S. Armed Forces During Military Weekend November 9-10 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to Bakersfield in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chaz Reddekopp Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Marody Overtime Winner for Condors in 5-4 Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- "The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 18th Annual School Day Game and Lunch Box Giveaway on Tap Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Continues Its San Diego Dominance; Madsen Earns First Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Doubled up at Tucson 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Launch Road Trip with 4-3 Victory over Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Rocket Erase Deficit to Steal Victory from T-Birds on Sold out Pucks N' Paws Night
- Greco's 2nd Hat Trick of Year Powers T-Birds Past Devils
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL)