IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have signed forward Justin Auger to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
Auger, 24, has logged three points (1g, 2a) in six games with the ECHL's Florida Everblades this season. The 6-6, 230-lbs forward has fired three or more shots on goal in each of his six contests with Florida, including a season-high six shots on Oct. 26 at Orlando, and totaled 24 shots on goal thus far during his ECHL stint.
The Kitchener, Ontario native has spent each of the last four seasons at the AHL level with the Ontario Reign organization, helping the club reach the Calder Cup playoffs each year from 2014-18. Last season, Auger posted 25 points (11g, 14a) in 65 contests as an alternate captain with Ontario and earned his first NHL promotion on Oct. 17. The forward made his NHL debut with the Los Angeles Kings the following night against the Montreal Canadians and skated in two NHL contests during the 2017-18 campaign.
Overall, Auger has combined for 110 points (54g, 56a) and 213 penalty minutes in 264 career AHL games. He won the 2015 Calder Cup with the Reign (then Manchester), and has totaled 11 points (7g, 4a) in 41 career AHL playoff games with Ontario.
Next Home Game: Friday, Nov. 23 vs. Chicago Wolves | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs will host the Chicago Wolves for the team's first-ever Hockey Fights Cancer night. The first 1,500 fans through the door will receive a FREE IceHogs LED fan, courtesy of SwedishAmerican. Proceeds from the postgame auction will benefit SwedishAmerican Foundation.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- T-Birds Hit Road for Two Games in Pennsylvania - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Roadrunners Continue Home Stand with Promotional Packed Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rockford Assigns 3 Players to ECHL's Indy Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Greer Headed to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Two from Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Stars and Stripes Jersey Auction to be Held Through DASH Auction - Texas Stars
- Admirals to Offer Free Tickets on Friday for Veterans & Active Military - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls to Honor U.S. Armed Forces During Military Weekend November 9-10 - San Diego Gulls
- Iowa Falls to Bakersfield in Overtime 5-4 - Iowa Wild
- Brett Young to Perform Post-Game January 25 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chaz Reddekopp Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Marody Overtime Winner for Condors in 5-4 Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- "The Voice" Champion, Longmeadow Native Brynn Cartelli to Perform National Anthem Before Thunderbirds Game November 16 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 18th Annual School Day Game and Lunch Box Giveaway on Tap Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ottawa Reassigns Rodewald to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Monsters to Host "Salute to Service" Night this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Sign Former Calder Cup Champ Auger to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Boo Nieves to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sturtz Battles Through Injury to Return to Sens Line-Up - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Continues Its San Diego Dominance; Madsen Earns First Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Doubled up at Tucson 6-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Launch Road Trip with 4-3 Victory over Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Announce Six Prime Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Forwards Coughlin & Ramsey
- Secure Your Seats For 2019-20 At Saturday's Garage Sale
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Marchand, Thompson