Stukel Loaned to Wichita
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that forward Jakob Stukel has been loaned to the Thunder from Bakersfield.
Stukel, 22, is in his second year as a pro. He signed an AHL deal with the Condors in the off-season. Stukel recorded 42 points (19g, 23a) in 57 games with the Thunder last season and also added six points (3g, 3a) in 10 games with the Condors.
A former sixth-round draft pick (#154) of the Vancouver Canucks in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, Stukel was invited to rookie camp with the New York Rangers before last season began. He also represented Team British Columbia during the Western Canada Challenge Cup in 2012-13.
Stukel split time during his four-year junior career between the Calgary Hitmen and the Vancouver Giants. A native of Surrey, British Columbia, the 6-foot, 190-pound forward had a career year in 2017-18 with the Hitmen where he racked up 37 goals and 64 points in 71 games. Overall, he piled up 197 points (103g, 94a) in 265 games.
Wichita continues on its three-game road swing with two contests against the Idaho Steelheads starting tomorrow at 8:10 p.m. CST.
The Thunder are excited to be the host of the 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic, presented by Toyota, on Wednesday January 22nd, 2020. Get your tickets now for the league's annual showcase that features some of the best young talent across the ECHL.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
Images from this story
Wichita Thunder forward Jakob Stukel
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 17, 2019
- Stukel Loaned to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - October 17 - ECHL
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Home Opener Festivities - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Help Launch Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Ryker Killins Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Details for Opening Weekend Tailgate - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on Grizzlies 7-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 7-1 on Dickinson's Hat Trick - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Suffers First Regulation Loss of the Season in Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.