Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars
BOISE, Idaho - Defenseman Ondrej Vala has been recalled by the Dallas Stars from the Idaho Steelheads to join the Texas Stars (AHL), Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations announced on Thursday.
Vala, 21, appeared in both games to open the 2019-20 regular season with the Steelheads, posting a plus-two rating with six penalty minutes. The Kolin, Czech Rep. native played 55 games with the Steelheads last season and tallied 16 points (3-10-13) with a plus-16 rating, which was the fourth-best rating on the team, and also played in 11 postseason. The 6-foot-4, 217-pound defenseman made his professional debut with AHL Texas on Apr. 8, 2017 and has added two assists in 12 AHL games.
The Steelheads open the season against the Wichita Thunder on Friday, Oct. 17 at 7:10 p.m. in CenturyLink Arena. Tickets are available for the 7:10 p.m. puck drop by calling 208-331-TIXS (8497) or going online to idahosteelheads.com. Steelheads Fan Fest runs prior to the game from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in The Grove Plaza leading up to Opening Night.
Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 17, 2019
- Stukel Loaned to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - October 17 - ECHL
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Home Opener Festivities - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Help Launch Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Ryker Killins Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Details for Opening Weekend Tailgate - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on Grizzlies 7-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 7-1 on Dickinson's Hat Trick - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Suffers First Regulation Loss of the Season in Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Dallas Stars Assign Defenseman Dawson Barteaux to Steelheads
- Steelheads Rout Mavericks to Open Weekend Series, 9-4
- Steelheads Sign Forward Willie Knierim, Claim Defenseman Ryan Orgel
- Zack Andrusiak Traded to Cincinnati Cyclones
- Pink in the Rink Weekend Returns, Free Vaccines to Open Homestand