Stevenson Loaned to AHL Utica
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that forward Dyson Stevenson has been loaned to the American Hockey League's Utica Comets, affiliate of the NHL's Vancouver Canucks.
Stevenson, 25, was invited to Utica's training camp back in October. This will be his first trip to the AHL this season. A native of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan native, the 6-foot, 192-pound forward is in his second year with the Thunder and second year as the team's captain. He has 29 points (11g, 18a) in 39 games this year along with 102 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, Stevenson played three seasons for the Western Hockey League's Regina Pats and was coached by current Thunder Head Coach Malcolm Cameron. In 2013-14, he had a career year, recording 76 points (38g, 38a) and 121 penalty minutes.
The Thunder returns to action tomorrow night with their last visit of the year to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena to face the Kansas City Mavericks in the Independence Cup starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2019
- Sosunov, Pedersen Return from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Stevenson Loaned to AHL Utica - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink Former Spartan Sanford - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners and 99.9 The Wolf Present "Country Night" - Maine Mariners
- Cool Insuring Arena Announces Naming Rights Extension - Adirondack Thunder
- Adams-Moisan Returns to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Colton White Fifth Adirondack Thunder Alum to Make NHL Debut - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Rally from Three-Goal Deficit to Earn Point - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.