K-Wings Ink Former Spartan Sanford
Kalamazoo, MI.- The Kalamazoo Wings signed Michigan State Spartan and Holt, MI native Brennan Sanford the team announced on Thursday afternoon.
Sanford, 23, joins the K-Wings after the conclusion of a four-year NCAA career with the Spartans. The forward tallied 36 points (17g, 19a) in 138 games with the Spartans and was an assistant captain during his final two seasons. Prior to heading to East Lansing, Holt concluded his junior hockey career with the Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL) recording 20 points (8g, 12a) in 60 games. He also becomes the third member of the team, joining Chad McDonald and Trevor Boyd, to have played for the Jr. K-Wings during their time in the NAHL.
Sanford is expected to be available on Friday night as the K-Wings take on the Toledo Walleye and will wear number #6. In a corresponding move defenseman Matt Joyaux has been placed on IR.
Kalamazoo Wings full and half season tickets are available now! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2019
- Sosunov, Pedersen Return from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Stevenson Loaned to AHL Utica - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink Former Spartan Sanford - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners and 99.9 The Wolf Present "Country Night" - Maine Mariners
- Cool Insuring Arena Announces Naming Rights Extension - Adirondack Thunder
- Adams-Moisan Returns to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Colton White Fifth Adirondack Thunder Alum to Make NHL Debut - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Rally from Three-Goal Deficit to Earn Point - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.