Colton White Fifth Adirondack Thunder Alum to Make NHL Debut
GLENS FALLS, NY - Defenseman Colton White became the fifth Adirondack Thunder alum to play in a National Hockey League game when he was in the lineup for last night's New Jersey Devils' 6-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers. White joins Scott Wedgewood, Ken Appleby, Ryan Lomberg and MacKenzie Blackwood as former Thunder players to make their NHL debuts.
White, 21, earned his first career NHL recall earlier this week, and after not dressing for the game in Calgary on Tuesday, played 13:10 in the Devils' win last night in Edmonton, AB. White collected 2 PIM, two shots on goal, a hit and a plus-one rating in his first NHL game.
The London, Ontario native skated 25 games last season for the Adirondack Thunder, 11 in the regular season and an additional 14 in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs. After registering four points (2g-2a) in 11 regular-season contests, White lifted his play in the postseason where he racked up 11 points (3g-8a) from just 14 games played.
This season, the 21-year-old blueliner appeared in 61 games for the American Hockey League's Binghamton Devils. White posted 25 points (6g-19a) in the AHL before earning his first NHL call-up.
The Thunder hit the ice for a trio of home games this weekend. The North Division-leading Newfoundland Growlers come to town for two games tomorrow and Saturday evenings before the weekend wraps up with a Sunday matinee against Reading. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2019
- Sosunov, Pedersen Return from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Stevenson Loaned to AHL Utica - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink Former Spartan Sanford - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners and 99.9 The Wolf Present "Country Night" - Maine Mariners
- Cool Insuring Arena Announces Naming Rights Extension - Adirondack Thunder
- Adams-Moisan Returns to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Colton White Fifth Adirondack Thunder Alum to Make NHL Debut - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Rally from Three-Goal Deficit to Earn Point - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.