Adams-Moisan Returns to Maine
PORTLAND, ME - The Mariners will add a key piece to their forward depth this weekend, adding forward Morgan Adams-Moisan back to the lineup, reassigned from the AHL's Laval Rocket on Thursday. Adams-Moisan was recalled to the AHL for the second time this season on February 11th, and played in ten games for the Rocket, scoring one goal.
The 22-year-old La Tuque, QC native is third on the Mariners stat sheet with 15 goals, most of which came in the months of December and January. After going his first 14 games without a goal, Adams-Moisan's first pro tally on November 28th - a shorthanded goal vs. Reading, sparked a run of 13 goals in 17 games. He earned his first call up on December 11th, but got into just one game before being returned to Maine on Christmas Eve. He picked up right where he left off with the Mariners, scoring 8 goals in 10 games upon his return. He scored his first career AHL goal on February 16th at Binghamton.
Adams-Moisan is a first year pro, signing with Laval after a breakout final year of junior hockey in the QMJHL with Drummondville. The 6'2, 215-pound forward has also been one of the Mariners' leading enforcers this season, topping the team in penalty minutes (98). His re-addition to the roster along with 6'2, 220-pound Branden Troock (acquired at last week's trade deadline from Atlanta), will add significant size to the lineup.
The Mariners are in action Saturday when they travel to Worcester to take on Railers at 7:05 PM. They're home on Sunday (Mar. 17th) when they host the Newfoundland Growlers at 3:00 PM for Beacon's Birthday Bash presented by Evergreen Credit Union. Only six home games remain in the regular season. Tickets to can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box Office at 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2019
- Sosunov, Pedersen Return from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Stevenson Loaned to AHL Utica - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink Former Spartan Sanford - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Weekend Set in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Multiple Transactions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners and 99.9 The Wolf Present "Country Night" - Maine Mariners
- Cool Insuring Arena Announces Naming Rights Extension - Adirondack Thunder
- Adams-Moisan Returns to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Colton White Fifth Adirondack Thunder Alum to Make NHL Debut - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Rally from Three-Goal Deficit to Earn Point - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Mariners Stories
- Gritty. Does. Portland. Famous Mascot to Visit Mariners Game
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cookin' Ahead
- Mariners Rally from Three Goals Down But Run out of Gas in Reading
- Mariners Spoil Reading Royals Home Opener with 5-3 Win
- Mariners Gain First Point of Season in Shootout Loss to Worcester