Steelheads Announce 2018-19 Season-Ending Roster
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads, proud ECHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars, have announced their season-ending roster for the 2018-19 season.
The list of 19 players includes 11 forwards, six defensemen and two goaltenders. The Steelheads season-ending roster is as follows:
Forwards (11): Tony Cameranesi, Connor Chatham, Alexander Dahl, Kale Kessy, Steve McParland, Will Merchant, Mitch Moroz, Reid Petryk, Marc-Olivier Roy, Kyle Schempp, A.J. White
Defense (6): Charlie Dodero, Keegan Kanzig, Jeff King, Brady Norrish, Colton Saucerman, Eric Sweetman
Goaltenders (2): Ryan Faragher, Tomas Sholl
Per the ECHL, Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2018-19.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than June 30. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2019-20 Season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to June 30.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Friday, Oct. 18 for the 2019-20 Home Opener against the Wichita Thunder. Season tickets and flex plans for the 2019-20 season are now available! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for next season. Stay connected to the Steelheads throughout the summer on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 17, 2019
- Rush Release 2019-20 Full Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Season-Ending Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Announce Season-Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Icemen Announce 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
- Several Icemen Staff Members Named Finalists for ECHL Awards - Jacksonville IceMen
- Steelheads Announce 2018-19 Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Extend NHL Affiliation with Calgary Flames for 2019-20 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Worcester Railers Re-Sign Barry Almeida for 2019-20 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Announces Season-Ending Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 2018-19 Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Trade Walchuk to Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Awards WTOL's Jordan Strack - Toledo Walleye
- Strack Receives 2018-19 ECHL Outstanding Media Award - ECHL
- Mariners Re-Sign Five Players for 2019-20 - Maine Mariners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Beef Night & Giveaway Rings in Return to CenturyLink Arena
- Steelheads Weekly - January 27, 2020
- Steelheads Acquire Forward Jonathan Charbonneau from Toledo
- Steelheads End Road Trip with 6-2 Loss to Tulsa
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks