Strack Receives 2018-19 ECHL Outstanding Media Award
June 17, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Monday that Jordan Strack of WTOL TV in Toledo, Ohio has been selected as the 2018-19 recipient of the ECHL Outstanding Media Award.
The award is determined in a vote of league media members, media relations directors and broadcasters.
"I am truly humbled and honored to win this incredible award. I fell in love with the sport of hockey because of the ECHL," Strack said. "At 6-years-old, my dad and I had season tickets to watch the Toledo Storm at the old Sports Arena. When they won the Riley Cup in 1993, we all ran on the ice and celebrated with the team. It was one of the coolest memories of my childhood. I remember sitting in the stands and announcing the games from the seats. Toledo is an absolutely incredible hockey town. The passion this city has for the Walleye is remarkable. At WTOL, we recognize the love this city has for the franchise and our coverage hopefully reflects that. Thank you again to everyone from the ECHL for this amazing honor."
Strack is the Sports Director at WTOL 11 and has been with the station since November 2008. He grew up in Northwest Ohio, attended Maumee High School and has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Broadcast Journalism from Bowling Green State University. Strack lives with his daughter Kennedy and their two dogs.
ECHL Outstanding Media Award Winners
2018-19 Jordan Strack, WTOL TV
2017-18 Bill Ballou, The (Worcester) Telegram & Gazette
2016-17 Doyle Woody, Alaska Dispatch News
2015-16 Mark Monroe, The Toledo Blade
2014-15 Blake Sebring, The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel
2013-14 Doyle Woody, Anchorage Daily News
2012-13 Andrew Miller, The (Charleston) Post & Courier
2011-12 Christine Troyke, Gwinnett Daily Post
2010-11 Pam Shebest, Kalamazoo Gazette
2009-10 Doyle Woody, Anchorage Daily News
2008-09 Mike Griffith, Bakersfield Californian
2007-08 Cleve Dheensaw, Victoria Times-Colonist and Doyle Woody, Anchorage Daily News
2006-07 Scott Linesburgh, Stockton Record
2005-06 Matt Nevala, Anchorage Daily News
2004-05 Mike Mastovich, The (Johnstown) Tribune-Democrat
2003-04 Len Bardsley, The Times of Trenton
2002-03 Dave Eminian, Peoria Journal-Star
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 17, 2019
- Rush Release 2019-20 Full Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Announce Season-Ending Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Announce Season-Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Icemen Announce 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
- Several Icemen Staff Members Named Finalists for ECHL Awards - Jacksonville IceMen
- Steelheads Announce 2018-19 Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Nailers Announce Season-Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Extend NHL Affiliation with Calgary Flames for 2019-20 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Worcester Railers Re-Sign Barry Almeida for 2019-20 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Announces Season-Ending Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 2018-19 Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Announce Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Trade Walchuk to Cyclones - Adirondack Thunder
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Awards WTOL's Jordan Strack - Toledo Walleye
- Strack Receives 2018-19 ECHL Outstanding Media Award - ECHL
- Mariners Re-Sign Five Players for 2019-20 - Maine Mariners
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.