Stars Drop Game at Iowa
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, fell to the Iowa Wolves 122-116 tonight at Wells Fargo Arena.
For the second-straight game, the Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman, who finished with 32 points, shooting 4-of-8 (.500) from beyond the arc. Kyle Collinsworth scored 19 points on 7-of-13 (.538) from the field in 28 minutes off the bench. Juwan Morgan posted a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
All five Wolves starters scored in double figures, led by Minnesota Timberwolves two-way player Jordan McLaughlin, who finished with a game-high 34 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals in 36 minutes. Minnesota Timberwolves assignment player Keita Bates-Diop tallied 23 points on 7-of-12 (.583) from the field and 4-of-6 (.667) from the three. Naz Reid, also on assignment from the Timberwolves, finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds, collecting his second double-double of the season.
The Stars came out hot, taking an 18-point lead (46-28) with 7:56 left in the first half. However, Iowa began to slowly chip away, cutting the lead down to seven (61-54) going in to intermission. The Wolves took their first lead of the game, a lead they would not give up, with 2:02 left in the third. Iowa forced eight Stars turnovers in the third period, committing none themselves, and outscored Salt Lake City 38-25 in the frame.
The Stars held the advantage in rebounds (47-44), assists (22-17) and steals (14-10). The Wolves tallied more field goals made (44-42), knocked down more three-pointers (15-10), committed fewer turnovers (18-19) and blocked more shots (7-3).
The Stars will host their home opener with "Princess Night Presented by Zions Bank" on Friday, Nov. 15 vs. Rio Grande Valley. The game will tip off at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena on the campus of Salt Lake Community College in Taylorsville. Tickets for the home opener are still available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2019
- Austin Spurs Announce Salvation Army Sundays - Austin Spurs
- Maine Red Claws, NBC Sports Boston Announce Home TV Schedule for 2019-20 G League Season - Maine Red Claws
- Long Island Nets to Host Military Appreciation Game, Presented by Bank of America, Sunday, November 17 - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Nick Zeisloft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James - Stockton Kings
- College Park Skyhawks Unveil Home Court for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stockton Kings Beat Sioux Falls Skyforce 132-112 for Second Home Win - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Cruises to First Win of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Back-And-Forth Affair Doesn't Go Suns Way against Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Agua Caliente Goes Cold, Can't Keep up with South Bay - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Drop Game at Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Outlast Suns - Texas Legends
- Herd Erase 17-Point Deficit, Beat Capital City 123-113 - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.