Agua Caliente Goes Cold, Can't Keep up with South Bay
Agua Caliente Clippers forward Johnathan Motley completes a dunk against the South Bay Lakers
(Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario, Credit: Felisha Carrasco)
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (2-1) couldn't overcome a cold shooting night, falling to their crosstown rival South Bay Lakers (1-1), 110-93, on Wednesday night.
South Bay came out rolling, taking a 59-35 lead into halftime and outscoring the Clippers 41-19 in the second period. After shooting only 30.9 percent from the field (21-for-68) through three quarters, the Clips bounced back in the fourth, but it was too little too late.
Johnathan Motley led the Clippers with 17 points and five rebounds. Mfiondu Kabengele followed up his double-double against the Blue with a 13 point, eight rebound performance.
South Bay was led by Kostas Antetokounmpo's 23 points and seven rebounds. Davontae Cacock added a double-double of 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Clippers hit the road next to take on the Iowa Wolves on Friday night in Des Moines. Tip off as at 5 p.m. PDT inside the Wells Fargo Arena.
Images from this story
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2019
- Austin Spurs Announce Salvation Army Sundays - Austin Spurs
- Maine Red Claws, NBC Sports Boston Announce Home TV Schedule for 2019-20 G League Season - Maine Celtics
- Long Island Nets to Host Military Appreciation Game, Presented by Bank of America, Sunday, November 17 - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Nick Zeisloft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James - Stockton Kings
- College Park Skyhawks Unveil Home Court for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stockton Kings Beat Sioux Falls Skyforce 132-112 for Second Home Win - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Cruises to First Win of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Back-And-Forth Affair Doesn't Go Suns Way against Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Agua Caliente Goes Cold, Can't Keep up with South Bay - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Stars Drop Game at Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Outlast Suns - Texas Legends
- Herd Erase 17-Point Deficit, Beat Capital City 123-113 - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Clippers Edge Lakers To Win Playoff Opener
- Clippers Take Down Stars
- Clips Clinch Playoff Berth With Win Vs. Austin
- Clippers' Comeback Falls Short vs. Legends, Wright
- Clippers Surge past Santa Cruz behind Huge Second Quarter