Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Nick Zeisloft
SANTA CRUZ, CA- The Santa Cruz Warriors, the NBA G League affiliate of the Golden State Warriors, have acquired the rights to guard Nick Zeisloft via the league's waiver system, the team announced today. In a related move, the Warriors have requested waivers on forward Kevin Young.
Zeisloft (6'4, 208) joins the Santa Cruz Warriors most recently from Delteco Gipuzkoa Basket of the Spanish Liga ACB, where he averaged 11.0 points on .515/.481/1.000 shooting averages in 14 games (two starts). The scoring guard from LaGrange, Illinois has also played internationally for Leonis Roma in Italy (2018-19) and Siauliai of the Lithuanian Basketball League (2017-18).
An affiliate player for the Indiana Pacers during the 2016-17 NBA season, Zeisloft appeared in 47 games (one start) for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA G League, scoring 7.4 points on 1.9 made three-pointers along with 1.2 rebounds per game.
Zeisloft spent two collegiate seasons at the University of Indiana (2014-16), averaging 6.6 points and 1.9 rebounds in 69 games (15 starts). In his redshirt junior season, he ranked second in the Big Ten in three-point field goal percentage (45.0) during the 2014-15 NCAA season. Zeisloft spent his first three collegiate seasons at Illinois State, averaging 5.9 points and 2.5 rebounds in 59 games (31 starts).
Young has appeared in 48 games over the past three seasons (2017-19) with the Santa Cruz Warriors, averaging 4.6 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.04 steals in 16.1 minutes.
Zeisloft will be active for the next Santa Cruz Warriors game against the Austin Spurs on Friday, November 15 (tip-off 5:30 p.m.) at the H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas. Fans can view Friday's game on NBC Sports Bay Area PLUS.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2019
- Austin Spurs Announce Salvation Army Sundays - Austin Spurs
- Maine Red Claws, NBC Sports Boston Announce Home TV Schedule for 2019-20 G League Season - Maine Red Claws
- Long Island Nets to Host Military Appreciation Game, Presented by Bank of America, Sunday, November 17 - Long Island Nets
- Timberwolves Recall Keita Bates-Diop from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Nick Zeisloft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Justin James - Stockton Kings
- College Park Skyhawks Unveil Home Court for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stockton Kings Beat Sioux Falls Skyforce 132-112 for Second Home Win - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Cruises to First Win of Season - South Bay Lakers
- Back-And-Forth Affair Doesn't Go Suns Way against Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Agua Caliente Goes Cold, Can't Keep up with South Bay - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Drop Game at Iowa - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends Outlast Suns - Texas Legends
- Herd Erase 17-Point Deficit, Beat Capital City 123-113 - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Windy City Bulls, 118-83
- Santa Cruz Warriors Bounce Back in New York, Beat Nets 119-109
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Lone Season Matchup against Knicks, 104-100
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers 106-97, Return to .500
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeated by Iowa Wolves 123-109 on Black Friday